Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincs Afternoon & Early Evening Meet – Active In Ancaster.

For the January Meet we are off in the early afternoon to Ancaster Karting near Sleaford. Here you can either be very active or very lazy. ( Actually I prefer Laid Back to Lazy…. ) Wonder which category I’ll drop into ?

Date :- Saturday, 30th January.
Time :- 13 00 until whenever you want.
Place :- Ancaster Karting & Paintball, Wood Lodge, Ermine St, Ancaster, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG32 3PY
Telephone :- 01400 230 306

Here’s a couple of Links so you can see what this place is all about and where it is.

http://www.ancasterkarting.co.uk/

http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Ancaster-Paintball/0008016209004616000/map/companyinfo.html

You can see from the Links that there are a lot of activities on offer here as well as Café and Bar facilities. The idea is that you can individually do as little or as much as you want, organize little competitions amongst ourselves in the various activities or just chill out and chat in the Café or Bar. It’s all very much up to you and I’m not about to start cajoling people to do anything, EXCEPT to have a good afternoon out amongst friends !

If you definitely want to do Karting/Quad/Paintball if you prebook you will receive a £5.00 discount off the Listed Price. i.e. £30 for Karting instead of the Listed £35. Telephone and ask for Rick, state that you are part of the AO group and you will get the discount. You MUST prebook before the day to get this, otherwise Listed Price will apply.

I have braved blizzards and idiots to visit this place today and it looks like it will be a good venue for us, if at all possible do please come along, I hate sitting alone sipping my Lime & Lemonade !

There is plenty of Parking space so we should be able to get a nice line up of the vast multitude of cars that I expect to be attending…..

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy, just come along and join in. You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. The conversations are wide ranging so you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy the meet.

Post #1 has Maps, Menu and Pics.

If you have any queries or questions Post on here or PM me. I’m looking forward, as always, to this Meet so do come along if you can.

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Maps, Menu and Pics.

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Nige, your a slave to the Lincs community..:HAPPY:...this looks like a great place to hold a meet, did have a fire and rescue training day at Silverstone but the date for that has been brought forward a week so I'm a yes for this one.....:thumbs:

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nige, your a slave to the Lincs community..:HAPPY:...this looks like a great place to hold a meet, did have a fire and rescue training day at Silverstone but the date for that has been brought forward a week so I'm a yes for this one.....:thumbs:
:thumbs: Nice one Stuart, should be a good afternoon. :thumbs:

Was an interesting drive today. As you can see it was bright sunshine at Ancaster but on leaving and on return to Boston it was snowing.

I'm tucked up now until Saturday morning so I no longer care !!! I really did want to get out to this place though and check it out rather than just Posting the Event " Blind. "

Glad I did, managed to get a discount !! :cool:

K

·
0 Posts
well done for braving the snow again nige :thumbs:

first lincs meet with the SW ;)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thought you might have taken the V6 Nige........:)

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nige that 3rd pic...the snowy one.................how come there are tyre tracks that just end???????? Have a look? Spooky:eek:
:lol::lol::lol:

Well can you guess what all those pole thingies are ???? If so it could provide a possible answer............ ( Although I'm sure that's not the case or there would have been more to see. ) :)

Oh, no beer left and no cash either, have to brave the elements to hit the beer chit machine on Saturday !!

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well done for braving the snow again nige :thumbs:

first lincs meet with the SW ;)
:thumbs:I enjoyed it Kev. The A17 was pretty much clear but the back roads were more, er, challenging. Bright sunshine every where, except Boston.

It all looked very pretty - but I'm now officially sick of it ! :rolleyes:

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought you might have taken the V6 Nige........:)
:tut: :cheese:

I wanted to Martin but far too much salt and crud on the roads.

Would have been a lot of fun on the Ancaster site though, bags of power, snow over ice, RWD and bags of space, I think I would still have been grinning ! :D

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump.

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now going Sticky...........

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the 30th Jan still AO Hibernation Season ? :confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Morning Nige.....thought we had seen the last of the snow but woke up this morning to another 3 ins and still snowing lightly now. Whats it like in your neck of the woods????:(.... I've had Tarox discs sitting in my lounge since a week before Christmas, more of an ornament now, want to fit them myself but not having a garage makes that a no-no at the moment....:rolleyes:...hope you get more interest in Ancaster.....

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Morning Nige.....thought we had seen the last of the snow but woke up this morning to another 3 ins and still snowing lightly now. Whats it like in your neck of the woods????:(.... I've had Tarox discs sitting in my lounge since a week before Christmas, more of an ornament now, want to fit them myself but not having a garage makes that a no-no at the moment....:rolleyes:...hope you get more interest in Ancaster.....
Morning Stuart.

Well no more snow yet and none forecast but when has the forecast ever been right !!

Getting anything done is a pain right now. I did rebuild the Speedo Sender PCB, only took me half an hour but it was cold out in the garage. :( Off round to a friend who has a 'scope this afternoon to test it, not lying on my back in this muck to try it on the car !

I sure hope the Ancaster Meet does pick up, this is quite unusual.............

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Post Christmas/New Year blues I think.......I have so many bits to do , I think a sunny warm day will kick-start me, or at least I hope it does. I'm doing a fire and rescue training day on the 23rd, so I need to be motivated for that......

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Post Christmas/New Year blues I think.......I have so many bits to do , I think a sunny warm day will kick-start me, or at least I hope it does. I'm doing a fire and rescue training day on the 23rd, so I need to be motivated for that......
You will when it comes to connecting hoses to Hydrants and playing with water, that'll keep you motivated - to get inside for a Bovril. :lol:

Many happy memories of this sort of thing..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I think I will be about not 100% sure but its highly probable, will have to see closer the time. Not been go karting for ages!

·
16,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I will be about not 100% sure but its highly probable, will have to see closer the time. Not been go karting for ages!
:thumbs: Morning Jim, nice to see you here. :thumbs: Be great if you can make it.

Remember that if you do want to do Karting/Quads if you 'phone up and pre book you'll get a Fiver off - enough to buy me a coffee ! :D

1 - 20 of 99 Posts