Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was just wondering. what is lincoln like? my gap year has nearly come to an end and i have applied to lincoln university i just wanted to know what you all thought of the city and surrounding area, roads, night life, meets, all that sort of stuff. i know i should have maybe come to see what the place is like but id rather have your opinions of it :) thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi,

I live in lincoln and have done for about 10 years now. It is a very student place as the uni has grown over the years. It is surrounded by nice country side and lots of history, like the castle and the cathedral. The night life is brilliant with lots of bars but not that many night clubs but the amount of bars make up for this as they stay open until early hours of the morining.
If you would prefer to hang out in more up market bars then head towards to up hill area where you will find lots of these types of bars. Lot of places to eat too so you are never short of deciding what you fancy, there is also a big odeon cinama but this does charge quite a lot of money as it is the only cinama for miles.
In all Lincoln is a really nice place to live with lots to do, it really depends on what you are looking for? If you want a real stundent life then try and live more in the center of lincoln or if you want a little bit more peace but still be involved with the shops, bars and party then look at a little outside of lincoln center. I live in this sort of area and it is only a 15 minute walk int town.
If you need to know anything else (like the best places to live in lincoln) just drop me an email and i will try and help

Thanks

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,380 Posts
hey guys, i was just wondering. what is lincoln like? my gap year has nearly come to an end and i have applied to lincoln university i just wanted to know what you all thought of the city and surrounding area, roads, night life, meets, all that sort of stuff. i know i should have maybe come to see what the place is like but id rather have your opinions of it :) thanks.
Think you want someone younger than me to advise, my nightlife is cocoa and a good book and in bed by eight ! :wow:

Nah, not quite true but I think you do need someone who is younger and does live in or around Lincoln. There are a few I know who fit the bill so with any luck they'll get back to you. :thumbs:

However I can speak for the Meets and can guarantee that there is at least one regular Meet per month and this is supplemented by " Specials " such as the BLS and East Kirkby Meets throughout the year, plenty going on.

·
16,380 Posts
Hi,

I live in lincoln and have done for about 10 years now. It is a very student place as the uni has grown over the years. It is surrounded by nice country side and lots of history, like the castle and the cathedral. The night life is brilliant with lots of bars but not that many night clubs but the amount of bars make up for this as they stay open until early hours of the morining.
If you would prefer to hang out in more up market bars then head towards to up hill area where you will find lots of these types of bars. Lot of places to eat too so you are never short of deciding what you fancy, there is also a big odeon cinama but this does charge quite a lot of money as it is the only cinama for miles.
In all Lincoln is a really nice place to live with lots to do, it really depends on what you are looking for? If you want a real stundent life then try and live more in the center of lincoln or if you want a little bit more peace but still be involved with the shops, bars and party then look at a little outside of lincoln center. I live in this sort of area and it is only a 15 minute walk int town.
If you need to know anything else (like the best places to live in lincoln) just drop me an email and i will try and help

Thanks
:D Cross posting again. :D

Have you joined in the Lincs Members, names, locations and cars Thread, don't recall but then again I am a bit senile..........:wow:

If you haven't do post in the Thread so I can add you and why not come along to our Ancaster Meet on the 30th ??

Cheers,

Nige.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys. to tell you the truth i didnt want a younger perspective, i wanted to know what you all genuinely felt. i dont care how old you all are :p if someone asked about my town id quite happily go on about it and the surrounding area, for too long most likely, but i wouldnt focus on what there is to do for someone my age :D.
thanks again guys :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Lincoln is FULL of hot birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its better the any town for hot girls thats for sure!!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Shopping is grade B rubbish - but thats not a bad thing, it means you do venture out! Food is brill, so good you go to other towns and think were are all the places to eat! 300k will get you a HUGE house in a nice area, unlike London.

Good place to live!...........Did I mention the girls?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
its in england:cheese:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
It's great - even better now we live here :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
:mad:

·
16,380 Posts
only joking i reckon you need another sud round there :)
:thumbs: That would be good, adding to the growing number of classics round here, 'suds, 75's, Alfettas. :cool:

Does this mean that we all appreciate really nice cars or are we all too tight to buy new ones ? :confused: :lol:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts