Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

My car(1.9 150) keeps going into limp mode and telling me it's map sensor. Clean it and reset and all is fine for a couple of days. Could it just be faulty and need replaced? Or anything else I should look at? I've blanked the egr up yesterday but drilled it to stop the eml light coming on.

Anything I'm overlooking here ?
Tia

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Have a read of the power loss guide in the stickies.
Do you mean you have a fault code for the MAP sensor? In which case could be faulty, also try some contact cleaner in case the connections are faulty

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a read of the power loss guide in the stickies.
Do you mean you have a fault code for the MAP sensor? In which case could be faulty, also try some contact cleaner in case the connections are faulty

hello mate
yeah logged fault code for map sensor

cleaned all connections today,but still no change. I ran the car with the maf sensor disconnected and it pulled well through all gears, im more confused now than before I started.

what i just noticed tonight is even in limp mode the car is boosting well on the gauge then starts to fall but im giving it full throttle???

could it be VNT sticking? im gonna see if i can swop a Map sensor for a known working one.

clutching at straws now so all comments are welcome.
i hate faults like these.:censored::furious::censored:

cheers

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
If the MAF sensor resolves it may well be the cause. It believes the MAF is correct, and doesn't believe the MAP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts