Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 G 1,4 multiair petrol, 170 hp. Done 13 000 km in about 7 months. I live in the N of Sweden and about a week ago on my way to work (some 20 km motorway ride) it went into limp mode after about 2-3 km - yellow engine warning lamp on. Outside it was -14 degrees Celsius, first cold day this winter. At work I called the dealer and was told to check the oil. I did, not low, the level was right in the middle. Later that day it got a bit warmer around -8 C and on the ride home the lamp was on. I filled a little oil and the lamp went out.

The following week was normal. Weather was warmer, no limp mode.

Today same thing happened again. Limp mode after a few km on my way to work. At lunch I checked the oil, a bit above the middle, filled nothing. Cleaned the dipstick and the warning lamp went out. It was -14 C outside. Ride home was normal.

So my question is - is it the cold that makes the warning light and limp mode on? If not - what else?

·
Registered
256 Posts
You need to get it plugged into a code reader (like MultiECUScan) to find out exactly what is causing the light to come on. The engine management light can be activated by all sorts of problems.

·
Registered
38,002 Posts
Isn't the yellow warning light for the emissions monitoring systems?

Without reading the codes it is impossible to be sure what it is, but it could be the heater circuit on the post cat lambda sensor, as that would cause more problems when cold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let the dealer check the codes to see what the problem is. It's not the cold weather it self, I live in Stockholm and have driven in - 15 degrees with my 1.4MA with no problems. If you were living closer I could have checked the codes for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts