Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if any of the 2.5V6 156 with manual transmission came with a limited slip diff as standard?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
As has been said, nope. But many 2.5's have been fitted with a Q2 or Quaife torsen type limited slip diff as the gears inside the diff are a weak point. More so on the GTA but there have been instances where a 2.5's diff has gone pop.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yep if your 2.5 is in fine health they can pop the diffs. Mine went when turning onto my driveway after a trackday at Mallory, luckily I only live down the road and as it went at low speed it didnt ruin my gearbox.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. The current series I'm competing in doesn't allow a LSD if that model didn't have one as standard, so I'll have to keep taking my chances. I try to be not too aggressive on the launches and use good quality fluids.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
In that case you may wish to consider changing the diff to a standard gta diff. 2 of the gears, sun gears I think, have been uprated in them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In that case you may wish to consider changing the diff to a standard gta diff. 2 of the gears, sun gears I think, have been uprated in them.
Thanks Chris. Not allowed under the rules, but good to know it's a future option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts