Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting news from the dealer today... ok could be dealer bu11shat but i thought i would share it with you all

There are only 6,000 MiTo or MiTi i think maybe plural lol comming to the UK every year for the next three... 18,000 over the three years

Do i really believe this? I dont know...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, mine told me the same
4500 yearly to sell and 1500 for Alfa Romeo UK and demos for the dealers
Should be a lot rarer than Minis!
Looks as if will remain rare car in the UK
:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so... i like being different... and special... my mumma said i was special... lol

Seriously tho... i hope it stays that way

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Total dealer cr*p, if they are in such short supply why are there 45 for sale on Autotrader? and some of them have been for sale for several weeks.
Dealers will tell you anything to buy a car and put the suggestion in your head that residuals will be good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
well for production reasons there will have been a planned nr they intended to build for the UK market. Of course the plan will have been reviewed as they went along.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've only ever seen one on the road, and then I had to look twice, as it was a creamy / beige colour. Looked quite sporty though !!!!!!.......:):)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Seen 1 red one only, alfa figures for the last few months are arround the 600 mark, that ends up at about 7k being sold. Depending on what proportion of those are mitos its close to the 6k/year mark.

But tbh I cant see alfa UK refusing to sell a car to someone because they are over the x/year mark.

GK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Total dealer cr*p, if they are in such short supply why are there 45 for sale on Autotrader? and some of them have been for sale for several weeks.
Dealers will tell you anything to buy a car and put the suggestion in your head that residuals will be good.
A fair few of the ones on autotarder are from my area and I have actually driven 3 of them myself. They are ex-demo/showroom which, I might be wrong, but was told dealers can only keep a demo for so many months and they have to sell them, hence the load of 58' plates on there as the time is up and the dealers get shiny new ones for people to oogle at.

As for why they are not selling, my theory, based on my own opinion, is that I would never buy an ex-demo as they get ragged for the first 5000 miles, so why would anyone else, especially as they are advertised for OTR RRP even though they are now 'used' cars

Anyway just my theory

I too read somewhere on one of these car review sites that alfa are trying to limit the numbers to keep up high residuals, whether its tru or not I don't know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seen 1 red one only, alfa figures for the last few months are arround the 600 mark, that ends up at about 7k being sold. Depending on what proportion of those are mitos its close to the 6k/year mark.

But tbh I cant see alfa UK refusing to sell a car to someone because they are over the x/year mark.

GK
They won't but lead times will get silly on another forum someone was complaining about waiting 20 weeks for delivery as demand outstrips supply it will get to a point (around 6 month delivery wait) where it all starts to go wrong as dealers won't stand on P/X prices peopel will not be prepared to wait etc (its usually about this time they will ramp up production and end up with over supply, which will knacker residuals.)

Dealers wont stop taking orders but then you get into order trading ie people who dont mind waiting will sell orders that are 8 weeks from delivery to those who are desperate for a premium or dealers start to spec cars as orders then sell them as they come through.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts