Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alfa can't continue this marketing without building a complete new model. Only limited editions...

No no no. :disappointed:

·
Registered
178 Posts
This saddens me, Alfa need new models not tacky paint job special editions!

Actually TBH I think Alfa have done incredibly well over the past few years and seem to have all the important market segments covered:-

• MiTo
  • Giulietta
  • 4C
  • Giulia
  • Stelvio
New models are expensive to develop... rather have a few perfected models... At least we have a new RWD saloon... who'd have thought that even 10 years ago eh? :)

Lets just be happy that Alfa are still around and that Fiat are investing in the marque - and returning it to its sporting heritage (F1 AR Team?!).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Actually TBH I think Alfa have done incredibly well over the past few years and seem to have all the important market segments covered:-

• MiTo
  • Giulietta
  • 4C
  • Giulia
  • Stelvio
New models are expensive to develop... rather have a few perfected models... At least we have a new RWD saloon... who'd have thought that even 10 years ago eh? :)

Lets just be happy that Alfa are still around and that Fiat are investing in the marque - and returning it to its sporting heritage (F1 AR Team?!).
MiTo isn't sold anymore and it was selling very much (even if it's a frog).
Giulietta is antiquated with no renovation.
4C Spider/Coupé isn't a model for a big profit, and it starts to be antiquated.
Giulia "ok"... Stelvio "ok"...

I don't like MiTo as you know but it was an important model for Alfa.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

• MiTo
  • Giulietta
  • 4C
  • Giulia
  • Stelvio

I have to agree. I'm glad there are only a few models and tbh I think other manufacturers could take a leaf out of Alfa's book. Most manufacturers have so many models now it's just silly and a lot of them look pretty terrible. Just look at VAG and BMW. The market seems flooded. I have always been a fan of quality over quantity and on the design front Alfa do very well IMO.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
MiTo isn't sold anymore and it was selling very much (even if it's a frog).
Giulietta is antiquated with no renovation.
4C Spider/Coupé isn't a model for a big profit, and it starts to be antiquated.
Giulia "ok"... Stelvio "ok"...

I don't like MiTo as you know but it was an important model for Alfa.
All of these antiquated cars are still newer than a GT I notice you have in the garage so what's your point? Is older really that bad?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Think the thing is.... to make more models AR need to sell more cars to get more investment.... How many people have bought a brand new Alfa Romeo on here in the past 12m? Just saying... I love the brand but I'm as bad as many and haven't actually bought a new one when I recently changed :) What I will do though is keep my car as clean and shiny, well serviced as I am able to and use it as a rolling advert for the marque....Hopefully the next one for me will be a brand new one as I want to support the marque I enjoy so much.... :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
All of these antiquated cars are still newer than a GT I notice you have in the garage so what's your point? Is older really that bad?
Not your business if I have a GT or a Ford Model T or a Tesla. I live in Alfa Romeo homeland and shall I have an opinion or...? Give me your money, I'll buy a new car, possibly the most expensive! Don't be offensive, please. I talk with marketing language.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Think the thing is.... to make more models AR need to sell more cars to get more investment.... How many people have bought a brand new Alfa Romeo on here in the past 12m? Just saying... I love the brand but I'm as bad as many and haven't actually bought a new one! :)

Hopefully the next one for me will be a brand new one... :)
I won't be buying a new Alfa because their target are crazy. If I would buy a Giulietta, I wouldn't buy a new one because car sellers are full of Giulietta well kept with half of the price. I would buy it new if I can have 2019 technology. Not a new ugly colour (green cars in Italy? oh no!). Just saying: I like Giulietta and it could be my future car, but buying it new... with ecotassa (tax on ecology in Italy, new stuff in Italy in 2019)... LOL, no.

Yes, Italy is home of tax.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is older really that bad?
An answer: yes, for everybody who live in a big city and wants to use his car.

I can't use my GT in Turin or Milan or I'll have bad money penalties from Police, and sooner also MiTo/Giulietta can't be in those cities.

FCA lives in those cities, who hates diesel engines.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
I'm more than happy with my 16 yr old 156 (and my 24 yr old Merc!).....
.... but if I was considering buying a new car, I can imagine I might want it to be *NEW* ;)

and not something at the tail-end of a long production run..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I won't be buying a new Alfa because their target are crazy. If I would buy a Giulietta, I wouldn't buy a new one because car sellers are full of Giulietta well kept with half of the price. I would buy it new if I can have 2019 technology. Not a new ugly colour (green cars in Italy? oh no!). Just saying: I like Giulietta and it could be my future car, but buying it new... with ecotassa (tax on ecology in Italy, new stuff in Italy in 2019)... LOL, no.
This is the thing though... you love the cars no? If nobody bought them they wouldn't exist to buy second hand... I could have spent the money I did on the Brera on buying (or at least putting a deposit down) on a new Alfa... but alas the spec I wanted was out of my price range... does that make me less of an Alfisti or Alfa fan for not putting my money into the company? Not sure. If everyone adopted my attitude Alfa would not exist and we wouldn't have the cars to enjoy....

Yes, Italy is home of tax.
UK too... :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
.... but if I was considering buying a new car, I can imagine I might want it to be *NEW* ;)

That's what I wanted to explain.
I have old cars and I like them but that's like Panda, 1st serie sold until 2005... Seicento sold for 10 years.
FCA is used to this.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Well depends what you call "long" :) Production runs seem to be getting shorter IMHO. I'd rather buy a new car in the last of the series I liked than the first in a new model that I didn't!

Besides best cars in a series are the last one as they have most of their design faults fixed! :) Your 156 for example would be what a facelift 2003? So the best one in the series in terms of interior upgrades and faults fixed...

Anyway. I couldn't buy a new Brera because they don't make them anymore... :D And I can't afford the Giulia I want.Yet. 4C is out of budget for me.... :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well depends what you call "long" :) Production runs seem to be getting shorter IMHO. I'd rather buy a new car in the last of the series I liked than the first in a new model that I didn't!

Besides best cars in a series are the last one as they have most of their design faults fixed! :) Your 156 for example would be what a facelift 2003? So the best one in the series in terms of interior upgrades and faults fixed...

Anyway. I couldn't buy a new Brera because they don't make them anymore... :D And I can't afford the Giulia I want.Yet. 4C is out of budget for me.... :)
Also a facelift could renew a model with less budget than a total new model. But, actually, neither this option is in the FCA ideas.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
And always 2-3 years behind the competition ..

1 - 20 of 64 Posts