Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a lovely yellow 916 spider and noticed that it is a "limitata" (limited edition). Most likely sold new in italy, but im not sure.

I've done some googeling and found that limited editions are not much different from regular spiders. Am i in the wrong here? Just how "limited" and "different" are these editions?

The car i have is yellow (not Zoe, but yellow as in bright yellow). I do believe this color was "limited" but have not found much info about it.

Best,

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had read about a Lux trim in Europe, with one of its features being leather instead of carpet in the rear curved storage area. However I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been retrimmed and the owner was trying to pass it off as special.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've just bought a lovely yellow 916 spider and noticed that it is a "limitata" (limited edition). Most likely sold new in italy, but im not sure.

I've done some googeling and found that limited editions are not much different from regular spiders. Am i in the wrong here? Just how "limited" and "different" are these editions?

The car i have is yellow (not Zoe, but yellow as in bright yellow). I do believe this color was "limited" but have not found much info about it.

Best,
You want the bozhdysky website he is an authority on this subject, there are only two yellows,
if its not Zoe you must have colour 258/A Giallo Ginestra.

You're correct the differences are subtle, alfa rolled out limited editions to boost flagging sales figures for late cars, but nevertheless they are highly desirable. Is it RHD? Japanese origin perhaps?

SS. Elegant 2001 (Spider) » Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

I thought Ginestra was a phase 1 colour, I've seen them!, superseded by Zoe from 98 on but 'Bozhdysky' colour chart does not back this up.
The chart reads Ginestra is indeed a limited edition colour for 2001 cars only...

Got me wondering what I've seen on phase1 cars, must have been resprayed.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Thanks so much for the feedback! Its LHD, 2001. 258 Giallo Ginestra (http://www.bozhdynsky.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/916-colours-availability-upd2.jpg), dark blue leather seats and dark blue electric hood. Teledial 17 inch wheels, good condition, low-ish milage (53000 miles). 2.0 TS.

Origin of sales is Italy, but it was imported to Norway through Germany.

That colour code is certainly very limited in production. Looking at that colour it appears to be a solid yellow rather than the metallic Zoe yellow?

http://www.bozhdynsky.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/0221450239001.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts