Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A giulia TI, in the lower left of the instrument cluster where I expect to see total mileage, it instead says H30.

Can someone put my stupidity to bed and explain what it means? It’s different from my giulia which just shows a number there.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
That is not normal. Has this suddenly changed?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new car mate, flip to km and it says H48km.......I’ve found one other google image with an H prefix on the odometer......but what could it mean?!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s was one of my initial guesses mate, turns out it’s a delivery odometer that you get one opportunity to reset, so a customer can take delivery at 0 miles, see above 😊

·
Administrator
86,761 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
We had that on VWs even back in the day (hold the trip button down for about a minute)....it wasn't to allow delivery at 0 miles...in fact we were not allowed to deliver them on zero...they were supposed to have between 5 and 15...or it was obvious that had been reset...Every customer expects a few miles...they know we road test it. What is was for was to hide the fact that we sometimes had to swap cars between dealers to get the desired spec...and it was a lot cheaper to drive them than low load them. And sometimes the other dealer might be 250 miles away...that would not look good. I think 400 mile was the max...on Polos you could do it twice!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the circumstances “come get it now or we can’t say when you’ll next be able to”, I’ll forgive it, especially having had this little learning experience. Thanks everybody! And thank you alfaitalia, good read :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here she is, fwiw - for a period the black one went awol around Christmas, documented here at length, in which I swore I was done (!) forever (!) with the brand, but that’s not how abusive relationships work. One of the last of the my19 cars they were basically giving away.....well not really, but a decent saving convinced me.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Peugeots back in the 80's and 90's had a rubber bung securing the speedo cable into the gearbox. Pull the bung out, tug the cable, wrap it up around the battery cable, hey presto, a usable new car. Often they were sold with several hundredth miles of driving unrecorded.

1 - 15 of 14 Posts