Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is how my car felt today. It just felt hard work, like it was an effort at low revs and felt better at 2500-3000 revs. Like I was pushing it everytime. Although a 94 round trip showed 44mpg average so not all bad.

Is the 1.9 JTDm always like this?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
sounds like the EGR, have a read of the Diesel power loss guide in the stickies, can be a pretty cheap fix.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It's blanked off and mapped out...

Anything else?! :p
Have a read through the guide and remove the options! Boost leak etc

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I believe the car is behaving normally. It just feels like driving it is an effort. It's heavy, "mechanical" in use and not particularly spirited.

I came from a 330i auto which would waft me along in comparative luxury and also gave a bit more fun about it.

But I love the looks, interior, practicality and "Alfista" world of the 159. Maybe I should swap it out for the 1750 Ti...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mind you it is a bit of a lump of car to start to move for the 1.9 diesel, I swapped mine for a 1750 TBI which is a lot more spritely......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My front right does make a whap whap sound but was checked as freely spinning by AutoLusso and surely if feel it pulling or wouldn't be getting 44mpg for an hours journey.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My front right does make a whap whap sound but was checked as freely spinning by AutoLusso and surely if feel it pulling or wouldn't be getting 44mpg for an hours journey.
Well that's true, was just throwing a suggestion your way of what to check mate.
There are a lot more technically minded people on here who, im sure will have better ideas of what to check:thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciated, thanks.

But I think my point is, that there is nothing wrong it's just how the car is. After years of driving a powerful auto sporty petrol luxury saloon, I'm finding it hard to adjust to a heavy, manual diesel. I've found it best when I myself am in a Dull mood, and worse when I wanted to get a shift on home through some country lanes.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The EGR delete should stop that noticeable change at 2k rpm, so worth investigating

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts