Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then now then....

The nights are drawing in, the air feels autumnal, it's p*ssing down outside... which means it's Blackpool illuminations season again:D

Last year we had a really good turnout with lads (& lasses) coming from AOSE, AONE, AOWY and AONW. Unfortunately the traffic lights at south shore were on the blink so gridlock meant we didn't manage to cruise up the golden mile, then HM's Cup decided to overheat in the standing traffic but the fish & chips down at Lytham St Annes were top class:cool:

So, it's time to do it all again boys & girls, Saturday September 27th :thumbs:

This time we'll start at the north end as per Roeburndale's suggestion with some fish & chips at his fave eaterie, then head down to see the illuminations:cool:

Please bear in mind the traffic will be very heavy indeed in Blackpool so it will be more of a leisurely cruise than a B-road blast, but it promises to be a really good family evening out. We'll work out meeting times and a start time etc in due course but plan on an early evening start

to whet your appetites here's the pics thread from last year:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/93461-no-lights-but-nice-chips.html

***MEETING AT THE CHIPPY AT 6PM SHARP***

Chippy details

MIDDLE CHIPPY (opposite sainsburys)
135/137 RED BANK RD
BISPHAM
FY2 9HZ
01253 352811

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=fy29hz&mrt=all&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

H

·
0 Posts
Re: Lights & Chips: The Re-run

I did enjoy the first bit :)

but not the going home on limp mode :cry:

Me Tractors up for this one :cool:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Really looking forward to this one:D

It's an AONW event but is open to allcomers so hopefully we'll have a really good turnout and have a bit of a mini multiregion job going on:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts

whoopididoo....will find out how many peeps the chippy can seat and will let you know tommorow night :thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts

il be there for this one. let me know meeting times/place see if i can make all of this one as im working again, finish at 5.30 tho.

i may be employing someone else to drive me around though, il probably be after a beer or 7 to drown my sorrows on turning 25 on that day!! :cry:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

@ghosty - we'll be starting with fish & chips again dude, but at a place in bispham on the north end of blackpool instead of lytham in the south:thumbs:

@bodge - definitely bring some mates along if they're up for it - preferably in alfas but not compulsory:lol: seriously though AONW has always been a very friendly (and ever expanding) crowd so don't worry about being a 'newcomer' - we all were once and there's no cliques at AONW:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

Looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't lash it down. You can't beat fish and chips by the sea-side! :thumbs: -even if they aren't up to Grimsby standards!

@ bodge - don't worry about the family tag - at the last one, my lad was the only kid there - and as for being a newb, as Al says it's an open church at AONW, so don't fret on that one.

H

·
0 Posts

What Jim said Bodge :)

We're a real mixed bunch in the NW with every kind of event going on :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts

AL, Checked out chippy tonight...seats 37 and can reserve seats/time min 3-4 days before. Will also need to know number of kiddies going for goodies :thumbs:

Lights come on @ 7.15 that night, so to avoid major delays you need to be parked up as close as poss to start of lights between 6.45 - 7.00... so maybe start troughing at 5.45 - 6.00 :thumbs:

H

·
0 Posts

What a Team :thumbs:

Cheers Pete I'll bring you an AO window sticker ;)

·
63,505 Posts

i think i can be in blackpool by 6pm ish. its not that far from blackburn, dont forget to post the meeting point as i only know 2 spots in the pool, pleasure beach and the main promenade road!

you guys better take note of this as it took me at least 10 mins to post due to my being extremely inebriated state. my good god i cant believe i made such sense and managed to post all these long words, i can barely see my screen! :cheese:

in all seriousness though, i really dont want to miss this one after seeing the shenanagins of last year and knowing that the NW crew are certified lunatics, ahem, i mean jolly good folk and always up for a laugh! along with any members from other regions too :cool:

im off to bed now as its 5:53am and i need to recover 'big style'. no sympathy please, its my own fault!

H

·
0 Posts

Done :D

Just checked me spare room I got two a small white one and a big Red rear screen one :thumbs:

·
63,505 Posts

:vomit: i need to give up the beer. :vomit:

1 - 20 of 319 Posts