Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,
I'm a recent GTV buyer & have a set of 17" Teledials, but am dismayed at the weight of things. (but they won't be for sale)

So I'm looking for ideas for lighter-weight 17" rims, probably used that I'll get refurbished if necessary.

I'd be prepared to use 100 pcd & wobble-bolts, unless wisdom says not to....?

I'm looking for an unfussy design, 10 spoke or less, & preferably straight & therefore easy to clean.

I also don't want the spokes to meet at the outer edge of the rim, - want them inside of there.

I don't want to spend a fortune, so used ones needing refurbed will be fine.

I like these shown on the Autodelta car, - anyone know what they are or suggestions of anything that might be what I'm after?

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
I like these shown on the Autodelta car, - anyone know what they are or suggestions of anything that might be what I'm after?
Think they were Toora. With a single nut centre-lock kit.
They (or ones very much like that) were an official Alfa accessory.

Edit: Toora Monotoora T300.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think they were Toora. With a single nut centre-lock kit.
They (or ones very much like that) were an official Alfa accessory.

Edit: Toora Monotoora T300.

Thanks David.....probably unobtainable than &/or mucho expensive.

Have you got any suggestions as to alternatives? Although the Teledials are talked of as 'heavy', I'm wondering how many other wheels are actually lighter?

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
...probably unobtainable than &/or mucho expensive.
Both.

They come up occasionally.

Probably not that light though, but I don't have any figures.

Think you are unlikely to find low cost light weight wheels.
Not sure I'd trust anything low cost and superlight anyway!

Quality lightweight wheels tend to retain their value even when in need of a refurb.
You need to be careful with ageing lightweight Magnesium wheels too (they are lifed).

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
Have you got any suggestions as to alternatives? Although the Teledials are talked of as 'heavy', I'm wondering how many other wheels are actually lighter?
Have you weighed them without tyres?

Think the 18"x8" BBS on my TT were about 9kg and the TT QS 18"x8" reps that I have on now were about 8kg.

I'm not getting them down from the loft to weigh again though!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I've bought them with decent-tread Goodyear F1's.....& yes, since it appears that the Tele's are maybe not markedly heavier than other O/E wheels....perhaps the tyres are heavy. The wider tyres on the Porsche 9j wheels I have are Michelin.... & I'd be surprised if they are lightweight tyres, but that's supposition on my part......?

.....thanks for the heads-up re wheel life.

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
Just found a pic in my files of a GTV 17"x7.5" Teledial on a set of scales: 11.5kg

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
Just found a pic in my files of a GTV 17"x7.5" Teledial on a set of scales: 11.5kg
ePer lists it at 11500g also.

Funnily enough the 16" standard wheel is listed at 11000g on eper, so only half a kilo lighter.

Reactions: alexGS

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm surprised David C didn't mention the wheels he kindly identified for me - Asso Partire from Japan. If you do a search, they can be ordered direct. I think the price was about 30% less than OZ Ultraleggeras which are the obvious competing product (some would say Asso copied them...)

Mine were already on the car and I'm very happy with them. Mainly because of a higher-quality paint finish than Italian wheels (painted properly in the holes, easier to clean), correct centre bore, correct offset, and 5x98PCD. Even the original centre cap! I suspect Asso made them just for the Gtv/Spider.

17x8 and weigh 6.9kg - here's the previous discussion we had:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...26993-does-anyone-recognise-these-wheels.html

Compared to the 17" Teledials on my V6 Spider, I feel that lighter wheels offer more nimble steering and a more modern/less crashy ride.

Sorry to bang on about them but I really do like them :eek: best I've ever had...

-Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
...better photo, perhaps.

-Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the post. They do look nice - sure they'll be a doddle to acquire.....:biglaugh:
I'll bear them in mind.

I'm not on a mission with cash in my pocket to get a really light wheel, but fitting an 11.5kg wheel isn't an 'upgrade', so I'll consider the options.

Gary

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
I'm surprised David C didn't mention the wheels he kindly identified for me - Asso Partire from Japan.
Sorry, they'd slipped to the back of my head.

Lovely wheel, nice and light too. :thumbs:

The 17" OEM Alfa wheels are very heavy. One of the 17"x7" options for a 156 was even heavier!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts