Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's your favourite Alfa that you have owned? and which one would you buy if money were no object.

For me the favourite that I have owned is 1982 Alfasud Sprint Veloce Trofeo (I was a fool to sell it!) - closely followed by 1986 Series 3 GTV6.

If I could buy any Alfa right now it would be a late 50s Giulietta Spider in Red or an original Giulia Sprint GTA

I have been a little indecisive it seems...

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Favourite ive owned 2000 156 V6.2.5 Veloce...loved that car....just too small when sprog came along!

Want to buy (going to buy in fact) , Giulia Quad....having been in the trade I've driven some seriously powerful cars and own a few modded high power cars.....but the most powerful stock car I've owned was 300 horse (Audi A8V8 4.2)...so to own a 500 horse standard car will be a first for me...having four seats, a big boot and being able to use it as my family car is just a bonus!!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Mt favourite is the 33Ti I had as it was my 1st Alfa and the door to a small obsession!!

Money no object I can't split a Disco Volante or an Alfaholics carbon bodied 105 GTA

·
Registered
37,512 Posts
145 Cloverleaf, or the 6 speed GTV V6 with aerokit for me.

I like the 156, but to me the 145 was a bit more raw and more fun. The GTV was probably the best looking car which Alfa built in the 1990's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
145 Cloverleaf, or the 6 speed GTV V6 with aerokit for me.

I like the 156, but to me the 145 was a bit more raw and more fun. The GTV was probably the best looking car which Alfa built in the 1990's.
916 GTV is one of the best looking cars period!

·
Administrator
45,307 Posts
I loved both my 145QV and my 156 GTA. The GTA shades it though - such a special car.

I wouldn't be averse to having a fully sorted, minter 156 GTA SW again to be honest.

A Giulia QF would be delightful - but the 'money no object' clause would have to extend to me having an additional car as well because they daft sods didn't make it an estate.
And if I'm having it in addition to an estate so it doesn't need to be even slightly practical, then you have to question why I wouldn't be having a 4c instead. Or an 8c. Or a classic like a Monty.

If I'm not having an additional car, then I'd have to consider the Stelvio QF instead. Would need some extended test drive to ascertain whether it's big enough in the boot and whether I like the way it handles.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
GTV Twin Spark has been my favourite car out of all the different makes of car I've owned. Absolutely loved it and should never have sold it.
If money was no object, there's only one for me: The 8C (the modern one).

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Have only owned four. The favourite would have been my facelift 156 had it kept going, but its head gasket consumption and Torrey Canyon tendencies mean I'd vote for my current Giulietta 150MA. I rather like the 1924 P2 in the avatar too, but it's only five inches long.

Money no object? Easy decision. Please deliver one of these as soon as possible.
AlfaTipoB.jpg

·
Registered
719 Posts
My 156 GTA is my favourite Alfa I've owned.

Money no object: I'd get a Giulia QF and ask Touring, the company that coach built the Disco Volante, to turn into a Sportwagon.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I always say your favourite car should always be the one you drive.
You never wanna get into all that, I should never have sold it.
So by that rule Giulietta QV and I'll have a Stelvio QV if someone else is paying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the 90s I had 2 33 permanent 4 s one after the other. A fragile beauty. There is nothing like that flat four with a new exhaust for sound!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts