Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear drivers side sidelight fails to go off even when the ignition key is removed. The car is an x reg 156 1.8 Twinspark.

I have seen other posts with the light glowing dimly and the cause being put down to a faulty Rev Counter. Would this apply also to mine which shines full blast and is visible even in daylight?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It sounds very much like the rev counter issue - you can either change the rev counter (try one of the brakers on the forum) or you do a forum search as there are a number of threads which detail how to fix/replace the blown IC chip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick response . The DIY job is out as my skills with a soldering iron are virtually nil . It looks like a second hand one or forking out for a replacement. It is the black one in case anyone reading has a spare they wish to sell.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Thanks for the quick response . The DIY job is out as my skills with a soldering iron are virtually nil . It looks like a second hand one or forking out for a replacement. It is the black one in case anyone reading has a spare they wish to sell.
There were some second hand rev counters on e-bay the other day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have had a look but unfortunately they are all silver or white....mine is black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts