Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a piece of retro chic if ever there was.....
here :cool:

Wonder how much it will finally go for?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Interesting the way the shots changed from Sierra Gold one was it, to? what was the Red? Had a 2000e issued as my working Hack once. Sweenie era? Think it was Monaco Red???

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
My dad used to own a silver mk2 Cortina in silver, with wire spoked wheels and a wooden steering wheel. Unfortunately, I was too young to remember it, but it looks very very nice in the photos.

I think the mk3 looks great.

I would seriously consider bidding for it, if it wasn't for the fact that I don't have any garage space for it........

.......or that there are several Alfas before in on the wish list.......

.......or the fact that Mrs.GC wouldn't let me buy it anyway. :rolleyes:

:cry:

:p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Used to own a 2.0 MK3 GT in gold with beige interior, it had alloy wheels driving lamps and those very comfy high bach seats. It was fitted with a twin webber carb and went like stink, and if i could find it again i would buy it back. Great car.

M

·
0 Posts
great looking car....to cool for words...my dad had a mk3 in white, the GT model...he loved it

A

·
0 Posts
As a car its only worth a few hundred pounds,lets hope its history makes it raise a fair bit exrta for RND.
Does this mean Life on Mars won't be getting another series I wonder.
The avenger estate that got blew up last week was rotten around the headlights but was only a few months old in the programme.Wow I don't remember them being that bad.;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
great looking car....to cool for words...my dad had a mk3 in white, the GT model...he loved it
Yeah... my mate had a Red GT... he loved that too !! :)

I thought it was a pile o sh1te compared to my Manta !! :p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts

I had two Mantas, one 1.8 auto in anthracite and the other was a silver one 2.0 the last auto to be imported into the UK and that was on a D plate. Great cars indeed mr N.:D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
German Vauxhalls, what about the Opel Kapitan (straight 6), The Opel Admiral (V8) Opel Olympia (4pot). See what youv'e got me at now?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had a Ventora and a couple of victor 2300 VX's :)

My uncle had a cortina 2000E, P-reg . (Think thats Mk III ?)

White with vynal roof. Never forget it, lovely car.

A

·
0 Posts

I had a Mk3 GT and loved it but the Manta was what Capri owners secretly aspired to. Early mantas were beautifully styled, later ones were prone to getting the 80's chav treatment I always thought.

My uncle had a cortina 2000E, P-reg . (Think thats Mk III ?)

White with vynal roof. Never forget it, lovely car.
The 3.3 ventora was an awesome car, had an FD one in the seventies.All the Victor range of cars are rare now ,very rarely seen at shows in good condition thats for sure. A mint ventora sold for £2500 on e bay last year.I really wanted to buy it.:(

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
My personal favourite steed was a 3.3 Viscount. with it's wood cappings, and 'Powerglide' transmission. Such a lazy relaxed way to travel. Had 6.5j white wheels, can't remember who they were made by. 60mph in first gear, 120 in second. Only had two forward gears!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CGaunt1136 said:
My dad had a VX2300 estate when we were growing up, quite cool with it's fastback (dare I say Sportwagon look). :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I had two Mantas, one 1.8 auto in anthracite and the other was a silver one 2.0 the last auto to be imported into the UK and that was on a D plate. Great cars indeed mr N.:D
Mine was an extremely rare (so I was told :rolleyes:) 1.6 Coupe... in black of course !! :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I had a Mk3 GT and loved it but the Manta was what Capri owners secretly aspired to. Early mantas were beautifully styled, later ones were prone to getting the 80's chav treatment I always thought.(
Yes indeed AF... I always wanted to find myself a tidy 400 but they were always - at that time - out of my price range !! :(

Another Manta I always wanted was an 'A' !! ;)

But I just had to settle for my trusty 'B' !! :)

T

·
0 Posts
at the end of the day it's a gimick. but some very wealthy people otherwise may just leave their money in the sky rocket.

fair play

T

·
0 Posts
it's for a good cause but i could get a 155q4, 164 leaf and a 166 and still have change for beer or three. and they'd be upto the riggers of today's traffic:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts