Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm nearly a week back into ownership of a GT 1.9 JTDm now and obviously there are many aspects I miss of the 147 GTA I previously owned but a couple I can live without. The first one being fuel. It is quite nice putting your foot down and not seeing the fuel needle physically going down :lol: but at the same time I do miss the stunning sound of the V6 engine. The diesel is as quiet as a mouse. I had forgotten how much so.

Another good thing with it being a 2007 car is how much more solid it feels. The GTA and my previous 04 GT 3.2 V6 were quite rattly and the suspension did shake your bones. This one is very smooth I must say and apart from a window wind squeal all seems well. It also looks superb in black. I used to think red was the best colour for a GT but the more I look at mine and others I see in black the more I like it. Definitely makes it look more imposing.

Finally it definitely needs a remap. Although there is plenty of power already for everyday driving the remap will sort out the flatspots and pointless first gear. Unfortunately there is a glow plug error flashing up at the moment which I need to get sorted on the warranty when it is swapped into my name. I don't think it is a glow plug error somehow as I believe the car wouldn't start but the error tells me it is so I'll try and believe it :lol:. I need to get the error sorted before the remap as I am scared the dealer will reset my map!!! I may also get Q2done but I did buy this car as a cost saving excersise due to an impending new member of the family in 7 months or so so I will have to seceretly save for the Q2 :lol:

All in all: -

The GT wins on build quality over the GTA (due to age)
The GT definitely wins on economy :lol:
The GTA wins on sound
The GTA wins on power
...and it's a draw on looks
Oh and the GT actually wins on practicality. I find the shallow longer boot much more useful and my lad thinks it is comfier and more roomy in the back. Not bad for a coupe over a hatchback

The conclusion is the perfect car for me is the GT 3.2 V6 but due to lifechanging and financial reasons the 1.9JTDm is a cracking alternative. I just wish I could afford a 3.2 V6 for weekend use

Viva la GT :thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never know anyone change a car so often..... :D
Very true but this one is going to have to be a keeper. No more messing about with cars sadly. What am I going to do for the next few months!!! :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
:lol:Trouble is I have lost money on them so not the best dodgy dealer out there!!!!
Well buy a car and stick with it for longer than a month then :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts