Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Ive used one for brake fluid with no problems as an alternative to air bleeders. never tried it for engine oil. As long as the hose is thin enough to fit in the dipstick it should work. Are you using it as an oil service tool?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I use it to change the oil on my diesel GT. Works really well ...but only if the oil is hot.

oil capacity on my GT is 4.5L and I can get pretty much all of it out I think.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
But if you are under the car changing the filter, it's no more work to drain the oil out of the sump. And at least you know you've got it all out.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
But if you are under the car changing the filter, it's no more work to drain the oil out of the sump. And at least you know you've got it all out.

I like to do interim oil service, without changing the filter.

I dislike undoing that crusty sump plug and i dislike having to buy a new washer each time lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Interesting! Does it work well for this application? If so, will definitely be investing in one!
I dont have that exact tool but they are all pretty much the same fluid transfer pumps. It works well and have used it a handful of times. Need longer cables to go to battery if you dont have a spare one to drag around.

Looks like a good idea for interim oil changes, might give it a try. Looks like a good way to put gearbox oil back in also if the bottle is warmed up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sold out now by the looks of it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts