Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After brief ownership of a ford focus tdci 163 i am still looking for a mid sized car to be used by myself and my wife,im keeping my 156v6 for now (unless i find a mint Brera 3.2v6 q-tronic) and recently test drove a prius t-spirit and found it far better than i thought i would and this afternoon i went back to jemca to look at a 2014 prius,while looking around the car a lexus is250 caught my eye across the forecourt and found it to be the f-sport model with sports seats,6 speed auto with paddles and 17" alloys in a nice deep grey.After a test drive i was smitten and even thought of trading in my 156v6 to have the car for myself.

Great reviews and even the slightly bland looks are enhanced with the sport pack and at a shade over £10k for a 61 plate its good value so any lexus is owners/ex owners here?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
So the "slightly bland looks" "caught your eye".

Is that a bit of an oxymoron?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the "slightly bland looks" "caught your eye".

Is that a bit of an oxymoron?
Who you calling a moron:jester:

But yes to me they are slightly bland,ive hardly noticed them on our roads but ive noticed the previous model far more.A close friend had the is200 and a neighbour also has a 03 is200 and both rate them highly:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I have the IS300 F-Sport. It's just a year old and I've put 20k on it. I think the newer shape is a little sharper than it was which helps give it a bit more individuality perhaps than before. I know what you mean about it.

It's good in many respects. Very quiet. Comfortable. Smooth. Quite economical as a petrol-hybrid but you'd have to try much more than I do to get above mid 40's mpg in mixed driving. It isn't terrible but it's not a very sporting drive.

I believe the 250 is a V6? It is said to have terrible mpg I think. So beware of that.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I test drove an IS250. It is a V6. Not very dynamic at all. Paddle gear change is like porridge as it is just a standard auto box. If you want a slow comfortable not too big cruiser it is OK. I also wasn't impressed with the interior finish. The Brera was much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts