Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Why did Hamilton move to Switzerland?

• He just wants to pay less tax but wasn't honest about it.

Votes: 40 83.3%
  • He really does need more privacy and respect. Bless him.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mind him moving out to save a load of tax but to spout that guff about needing to get out of Britain because the public and media don't respect his privacy is a bit rich on the same day his new autobiography is being serialised in a red top (after one season and at 22 yr-old FFS:rolleyes: .)

Do you accept his excuse or not?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think he needs the privacy to be honest - he's under scruitiny more than most other sportsman :)

·
Premium Member
45,006 Posts
Don't blame him for moving to Switzerland, but it'd be better if he was honest about the reason. If I had a big income I wouldn't live here either. Infact, if I ever pay 40% I'm off :lol:

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he needs the privacy to be honest - he's under scruitiny more than most other sportsman :)
Borrox. He's talented and riding on a wave of goodwill that is filling his pockets faster than a very fast thing. And if he really doesn't want so much bother from the tiresome public and media he should stop doing so many photo-shoots and ad campaigns and flogging stories and giving sound-bites....:rolleyes:

His motives for moving is ££££££££££££££ and he should just be honest - it wouldn't have mattered to most people.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I don't think it is for the money really ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Don't think he's handled himself all that well on a number of occasions. He's only a kid but could do better.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax........ just admit it lewis you corporate wh0re:lol:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
May return, after being a tax exile. Isn't Switzerland up for euthanasia? If I lived there. I'd probably of been 'popped off' by order.:(: They'll be back, JS first.:):

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Borrox. He's talented and riding on a wave of goodwill that is filling his pockets faster than a very fast thing. And if he really doesn't want so much bother from the tiresome public and media he should stop doing so many photo-shoots and ad campaigns and flogging stories and giving sound-bites....:rolleyes:
His motives for moving is ££££££££££££££ and he should just be honest - it wouldn't have mattered to most people.
What He Said !! :D

D

·
0 Posts
Really can't blame him, as soon as I get the money I'm out of here, the country is a disgrace.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,741 Posts
To make this thread easier to answer for future viewers, here's the sub-text behind the possible answers:

He just wants to pay less tax but wasn't honest about it [I love Ferrari]

He really does need more privacy and respect. Bless him. [I hate Ferrari]

;)

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I agree that he is leaving for tax reasons but I would also think that slating him off for it may be a bit harsh. Do we really think that he made this decision (or even came up with the idea) himself. I really doubt it. His father or accountant or team boss or other has probably suggested or even persuaded him to do it, probably for various reasons, one being the tax break, another (I think very real possibility) is to also help with his fitness. A lot of top sports men train in high altitude to help with stamina. I think we all forget that he is ONLY 22. I know if I was being hounded by the press/admirers at that age I would probably have had a nervous breakdown. All I wanted to do was get drunk and pull lots of girls (never did pull that many girls though :lol: ).
IMO I think we need to try and see the bigger (hidden picture) and try not to judge this young man too harshly

Right, bring on the Ferrari Fans!!!!!!:cheese:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts