Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been suggested that each region organises a karting event and then afterwards we then have a national one with the regional winners competing.

Maybe a tad ambitious but it got me thinking. I have never been karting and I am ancient so anyone reading this is sure to beat me in any race. However I am up for it so maybe we could organise something just for our region in the first instance and just for fun. See where it goes from there?

Anyone interested? If so please suggest a venue.

If there is a viable interest I will post it up as an event and we can take it from there.

Go on - what have you got to lose? It is winter and an indoor event.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Could be up for it Paul,dependent on time/date etc.

Don't know of any indoor kart tracks in this area (I went to one in Norwich many years ago now,but that has since closed).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been to this one before: Contact | anglia karting centre

Near Swaffham, just off the A47. :thumbs:
Second this. Been there 3 times. First time in the dry (unbelievably physical), second in the pouring rain (unbelievably treachourous) and third in damp to dry weather (who would've thought racing lines formed so quickly).

Best bet is to go for an endurance race, 3-4 10 minute stints each, usually in teams of 3. It might not sound like too much driving, but at ~40 second laps, it's actually quite a lot.

The entrance to the car park is awful though. Pot holes even a tractor would prefer to go around and it's hidden down some small back roads, so I'd save the car cleaning for afterwards :)

I must admit though, after 1.5 hours of racing go karts, getting back into your car (yes, even an Alfa!!) can leave a little to be desired after sitting 2" from the ground going wheel to wheel with someone. Just got to remember to switch off when you leave :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am watching this.

We are such a large area - any other venues?
There's Ellough Park Raceway near Beccles in Suffolk, I've been there several times and it is great fun, wet or dry. here is an extract from there web site.

"Ellough Park Raceway is a purpose built 1070mtr outdoor floodlit kart circuit, catering for sports, corporate, special occasion and hire karts. Drivers aged from 8 years and above can enjoy this British National Championship hosting race circuit with its fast technical and flowing corners designed by racing drivers. Our hire karts are the Single engined 390cc Sodi RX7 Karts. You are able to bring your own kart down for testing…please ring for more information."

Here is their web address.

Outdoor Go Karting | Ellough Park Raceway, Suffolk, Norfolk UK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts