Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other countries can do it, we need our politicians to be afraid of the public, the French who we joke are surrender kings, are in terms of there own social and political viewpoint somewhat different.
Look what the Egyptians have just done.
Have we become American or just apathetic.

We are sat on the patio thinking of what we as a country were the first at. History shows that we got social change through the common man on many occasions, we seem to go from extreme to extreme, the working man achieved so much.

I am starting to realise we are not all in this together.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are we going to march on parliament then? When? Do mass demo's not need agreeing with the bobbies first?

Well obviously form will need to be filled in and high viz jackets worn, purely for our own safety, crazy how we have become the worlds biggest moaners yet do nothing in enough numbers to change things (am I the chief hypocrit moaning here and yet doing nothing)
650'polititians let's say a good 40,000,000 million able bodied members of public, odds of results in our favour

M

·
0 Posts
You assume the army wouldn't fire upon its own people. The Egyptian army didn't and the people love them for it. I'm not so sure about our army - they'd follow orders.

Well that's all of us on GCHQ monitoring for sedition then. A Bill of Attainder coming your way very soon.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Well obviously form will need to be filled in and high viz jackets worn, purely for our own safety, crazy how we have become the worlds biggest moaners yet do nothing in enough numbers to change things (am I the chief hypocrit moaning here and yet doing nothing)
650'polititians let's say a good 40,000,000 million able bodied members of public, odds of results in our favour
I have been on numereous demo's over the years ranging from about 10 people at a CAAT demo right through to the two million or so when we invaded Iraq. I am still not convinced direct action works but hey, it's better than sitting on ones backside doing nothing!

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been on numereous demo's over the years ranging from about 10 people at a CAAT demo right through to the two million or so when we invaded Iraq. I am still not convinced direct action works but hey, it's better than sitting on ones backside doing nothing!

That's pretty much how I am starting to feel

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Oh dear. My lot is not brilliant, but it's infinately much better than many throughout the world who are strugging to survive. Unfortunately, there are only so many fights you can pick, so pick em carefully! :)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Who would we like to emulate with these protests. Libya.. we could shoot Cameron while he hides in a drain pipe. Egypt...elect a new democratic government then throw them out with further mob rule to install a military government. OOOh what about Syria, they have it all I'm so envious. Public floggings, mass murders, cities destroyed..c'mon let's get on it.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
BTW, I do wonder how much we canget away with saying before we start getting spied on by operation prism or GCHQ Etc.
It seems like a different world, but a relative of mine used to have all his post opened and censored and telephone calls listened to because he was a bit radical in his day. By todays standards, no one would take a second look.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I think the basic problem is that anyone who is disaffected somehow assumes that the entire remainder of the country agree with them.....eg, a poster above mentions 2 million people protesting about the Iraq war........which of course left another 60 million or so of the population not protesting......

Even amongst a majority of people who are opposed to one particular party or politician, it is very rare to find that all of the opponents share the same wished for alternative......

Like they say - our democracy is the worst possible system, aprt from all the others....;)

C

·
0 Posts
Why would we want to bring down the Govt? and assuming that we did, We would replace it with what?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I fully appreciate that not everyone agrees with my view and I would not wish to ram my view down anyone's throats, but I will defend my right and anyones to have an opinion. Just because only an estimated 2 million protested does not mean the remainder supported the war. It might mean that many of them were simply pragmatic or apathetic. There were some big names mixed into the middle of the demo in addition to the many that stood up and said their piece. If all those big names and all those people can't change the view of hmg, then there really is no chance. One way or another, despite various difficulties, I will continue to have my say.
If we did bring down hmg, I reiterate what someone has already said, where/what is the alternative.

The positive side to all this is that we are free to say what we feel and not be punished for it.

Power to the people.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why would we want to bring down the Govt? and assuming that we did, We would replace it with what?

Well if the world went insane overnight and I could choose, I can't believe I am going to say this, I would straight away bring SIF and Keithyboy in and have Dave from bank of Dave in there..:)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts