Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
There is a glitch in the matrix somewhere.

I was on either classic or full (light), i.e. I had a white background.

When I came to the forum a couple of minutes ago, it had switched to dark background withe white snow. Okay, it was cute for a minute, but then I decided to go back to the white background (as I absolutely hate reading white on dark). No matter which option I pick (Classic I, Classic II, Full Light), it won't work. My screen goes white, but it's also blank. As in nothing: no words, no images, nada. In order to get the forum back, I have to select Full Dark. I'm on Win 8.1 using Firefox.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have no problem with the effect - looks lovely on my iPad :) can never be bothered using a PC outside working hours!

However, on this side of the world, it's a muggy 22 degrees C - not quite summer but definitely not winter ;)

-Alex

·
devoid of gorm
7,586 Posts
I am going to remove these links as they are not for the new AO format and if you select them (like TS) it will be a problem.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Reminds me of an image I saw recently...

A sheep atop a black and white sweet.

Stop moaning now :lol:

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
However, on this side of the world, it's a muggy 22 degrees C - not quite summer but definitely not winter ;)

-Alex
Off topic, I know, but that's all I've been hearing from Mrs RRZ for the past 4 weeks, :mad: , save for the odd day when she reported it to be raining.

However, she is now currently sitting in an Emirates A380 somewhere over the Indian Ocean en route from Auckland to Dubai then on to Glasgow. Boy is she in for a shock when she arrives back tomorrow as it's 3 degrees C, blowing a gale and torrential sleet - oh dear, how sad! :lol:

Back on topic - I've had to revert to the Classic style to stop the snow. My internet connection is carp at the best of times (peaks at around 1.3Mbps) so just like most of the traffic in the UK, at the first sight of a few snowflakes it grinds to a halt.

·
Administrator
86,427 Posts

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
I am getting fed up of having to change the skin to a normal style on each device I use and each time I log on.:irked:

While the snow is (was) amusing, it is annoying to some of us that cannot read the text on such a dark moving skin.:devious::censored:

The Grinch:lol:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Those links are from last year before the forum update so they won't work.

Instead select any skin except for Full Dark from the dropdown window at the bottom left of the page.
(if it doesn't work from this page itty from within another thread)
Thanks David - much better now :) I like this emoticon though - festive enough for me :xmas:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I am getting fed up of having to change the skin to a normal style on each device I use and each time I log on.:irked:

While the snow is (was) amusing, it is annoying to some of us that cannot read the text on such a dark moving skin.:devious::censored:

The Grinch:lol:
+ 1 me to. can't read a thing:irked:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.