·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a cold, what remedy do you use

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
voted other as these days the supermarkets own label products are as good as branded for things like this and headache tablets. And better value.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Haven't had a cold for ages. I assumed it was cos the dreaded weed used to ward them off but gave up the fags 2 years ago.

Probably be struck down with man flu now!!:)

·
Registered
38,289 Posts
I just use a paracetamol or 2, the lemsip/beechams drinks taste horrible.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Beechams capsuls - work wonders.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What Nev said. Half a bottle for me has cured so many colds/flus/aches/sprains in the past. Have to be careful though, any more than half a bottle can create new mysterious illnesses that can only be cured by a day in bed :lol:

Have to vote for lemsip though, because I've got a box in my drawer from last week when I wasn't feeling too well. Would have preferred the whisky, but don't think my boss would have been too impressed.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I just drink plenty of water... acold isn't serious enough for tablets IMO !! :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Nice poll ;)

I find, apart from a mild headache, paracetamol doesn't do much for me. Nor do I find caffeine stimulating much... unless I've been on the razz the night before and am worse for wear :eek: :eek:. So I might take the any of the above as a kind of placebo, if the cold/flu is really bad. Errm, actually flu is always bad isn't it :confused:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
kurzon said:
I find, apart from a mild headache, paracetamol doesn't do much for me.
Big K... you should only take Aspirin for a headache.... paracetamol’s for muscle pain etc. :)

Try it next time dude !! ;)

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Some headaches are caused by pressure in the skull. If you have a tense muscles in your neck, it will restrict blood supply and give your bonce a hard time of it. A pair-a-cetamols can cure the headache by relaxing the tension in your neck. If a neck massage feels good for your headache, then paracetamol will fix the headache.

Generally my headaches are Paracetamol proof, so if I do sucumb to taking drugs, I only use Aspirin.

Ralf S.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts