Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any advice on these two brands? The OCap versions are £20 cheaper per arm on Eurocarparts...

| Car PartsRetailer

I know people have had issues with cheap suspension arms off ebay - but would like to save myself £40 if possible :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Why not save yourself even more money and just replace bushings? If the ball joint is ok then just get some new bushes and pop them in? Could even upgrade to powerflex/strongflex!

NB be careful when removing- I used a ball joint splitter and knacked the boots.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have never heard of OCap so I would stay away. Buy cheap buy twice is the rule with these arms!

MisterAuto usually has best prices for TRW or Birth that most would recommend.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Oh man...

you cannot go cheap on the wishbones..!

if the uppers are OEM then you can save money by polybushing..lowers go TRW or Birth.

where these and MAF sensors are concerned the car will just not accept cheap knock off's

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
WHS. I once fitted some Lemforder CV joints to my wife's old Polo, and had to replace them again just over a year later. It's not a brand I'd buy again.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Definitely go for either TRW or original Alfa. I got TRW arms from Alfaworkshop and have had no issues or squeaks since. Afraid it's a case of you get what you pay for.....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Just a warning. My wife's 159 knackered TRW top arms in 2 years and 18,000 miles. This is the first time I have ever hear a bad report on TRW and it's the car that I maintain. My next set will be Birth.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm in the process of poly bushing my 156 uppers with strongflex yellow. The bushes are seriously firm and proving very hard to get in without a bush press or vice!

Hoping for good results though and they are cheap- £36 for 4 upper bushes. Will report back provided I don't go mad trying to fit them.

Re birth- I've heard they are acceptable, they are the cheapest that AL will fit. Any cheaper and don't bother.

OEM>TRW>Birth (what I've heard)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just looking at part goremohekan suggests (JRW JCT920) the site says it doesn't fit my vehicle (147 (937) 1.9 JTDM 16V 170HP Q2) - this just a screw up on this site or is the fitting slightly different for 170 Q2's?

I hope not at they're only £35 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Just looking at part goremohekan suggests (JRW JCT920) the site says it doesn't fit my vehicle (147 (937) 1.9 JTDM 16V 170HP Q2) - this just a screw up on this site or is the fitting slightly different for 170 Q2's?

I hope not at they're only £35 :)
All 147/156/GT use the same upper wishbones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts