Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if the dumbbell like weight near the rear bumper is on the left or the right side of the car? :confused:

On a right hand drive car its on the right! My thoughts are that's this was to counter the weight of the driver for European models.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Spider has very little scuttle shake with the 2 strut braces on the car.
I'll see what its like with out the added weight device.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My Spider has very little scuttle shake with the 2 strut braces on the car.
Cool - for a newbie like me, can you please elaborate? Is one brace at the top and the other at the bottom? I've seen the strut braces on top (put one on my 156, didn't notice any effect) but wondering where the strut brace underneath goes (if there is one) and whether I can make something if I can't find one to buy.

EDIT: oh, searched including 'lower brace' this time and found http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/277246-ultra-racing-chassis-tuning.html - so, like that? :eek:

Cheers :)

-Alex

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi Alex, the braces were from Ultra racing but I didn't go for the sub frame 1s, my Spider has been lowered and didn't fancy the subframes being ripped out due to a speed hump or something to the effect!
They do make a difference tho, feels sharper and tighter in the corners :D

Would recommend :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
On LHD cars its on the passenger side of the car (so RHS if looking from the rear).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts