Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it looks like my Giulietta has had the handbrake from the left hand drive model fitted by mistake, should I take it back to the dealer and complain?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
There is only one handbrake lever and that is used for both LHD & RHD... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But its offset towards the passenger, not the driver?

So it must be wrong, or the lazy Italians have just not bothered make the correct part for right hand drive cars..

·
Registered
33,643 Posts

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
But its offset towards the passenger, not the driver?

So it must be wrong, or the lazy Italians have just not bothered make the correct part for right hand drive cars..
RHD is a very small market.
Not unusual for things like that to happen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Audi do the same in the A3...it sucks but then you have to remember how small the rhd market is compared to the lhd market.

Must admit it doesn't really bother me, except when giving the baby sitter a lift home and I have to be super careful not to seem like I'm reaching for her leg!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Been driving an Astra, Golf and Focus in the past 6 weeks (as hire cars whilst I wait for my Guilietta!)...they all have the handbrake in LHD config...i.e. positioned closer to the passenger side. Though the Astra has an actuated switch rather than a lever...weird.

All purely for cost-saving reasons....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Wait modern alfas have cup holders? :confused: gonna have to get me one :thumbs:
One of them is to hold the grease you need to get the fuel cap and bonnet open. The other can either hold the glue for the gear knob, or swarfega to get the grease off your hands.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Audi do the same in the A3...it sucks but then you have to remember how small the rhd market is compared to the lhd market.

Must admit it doesn't really bother me, except when giving the baby sitter a lift home and I have to be super careful not to seem like I'm reaching for her leg!
Good old Italians, think of everything, no need to make up an excuse :cheese:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts