Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was wondering how rare an option was Leather on the 155 ? and how often do they come up or sale from breakers..etc ?

I have 156 Leather installed in my 155, but due to the design of the seat base and subframes, I have an issue with their height so would like to replace with original 155 seats.

Really hoping to find some 155 black leather, but all I can find is cloth. :(

M

·
0 Posts
Very very very rare.

and about £200-£250+

Could probs have a cloth one re-upholstered for not a silly amount more.

John

PS just as rare but a Lancia Dedra leather interior will fit - leather was more common care is rarer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very very very rare.

and about £200-£250+

Could probs have a cloth one re-upholstered for not a silly amount more.

John

PS just as rare but a Lancia Dedra leather interior will fit - leather was more common care is rarer.
Thanks. Do you know if the Dedra seats are the exact same fitment as the 155 ?

Its just that with the 156 seats it seems as if they are meant to sit on much lower mounting points than the 155 has. The mounting points are very high on the 155 and I imagine the stock seats sit over and around the mountings.

It would seem that fitting any other seat other than stock will result in them sitting far to high. There is a crossbrace in the floorpan too that would prevent you from getting them much lower even if you cut away the old floor mounts and re-plated the floor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
when restoring my very early 155 1.8,8v i took the plunge and had mine reupholstered in white leather with red piping.I also had Alfa Romeo stiched into the seat backs. they total was £1400(£400) just for the stitching alone.
Alsa when it came to sell it,people only wanted it for the trim and its now gone to Alfa Heaven.:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts