Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering do any of you use any products to care for and clean your leather in your GT?
:confused:
Or is it a case of dust it off, hoover up any little bits and leave as is?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Once a year I used Halfords leather cleaner and every six months I use Halfords leather conditioner.

HTH

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
AutoGlym leather cleaner then leather conditioner once a year for me, at the end of the summer after all the hot weather (well, it was hot last year anyway!). The cleaner alone seems to make it look more matte and supple on places like the front seat bolsters that get some abrasion. Otherwise I just do it because I'm supposed to, since 156 Alfa leather wears well in my experience...

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
May I suggest you try a search. There are lots of threads already in existence on the subject of leather cleaners/conditioners.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Don't agree with the rating given to the Zymol stuff although direct comparison is difficult as this is the only product I've used so far.

Might try the Mer stuff next time.

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
AutoGlym leather care cream for me too, just once a year and don't put too much on, you can go too far!

My original 1999 leather seats still look like new.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner (liquid leather) is excellent..Used it solely on previous cars....Always very impressed with it....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be sure to allways use a cleaner just before using a conditioner, otherwise the dirt on your seats will be 'sealed' to your seats forever...

I use colourlock products. Not that cheap, but very nice results. Besides a conditioner for new leather, they even can supply conditioners in the colour of your leather (a set of base clours or custom made if wanted) to restore older leather. I have used it for the GTV I have bought second-hand. The seats were a bit used (the colour was fading a bit on the drivers' seat) and it looks like new now. They also sell a paste to restore minor cracks, scratches or tears in the leather (again custom made in the colour of the leather). I used this for a small tear on the side of the passengers' seat and if you don't know it, you won't notice were the tear was.

I only know the Dutch site: http://www.colourlock.nl/

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all, it is always nice to get personal preferences and experiences especially for Alfa leather :)

S

·
0 Posts
Kidding.

Well, this might get me a few hairy eyeballs, but some KY jelly got on to the passenger seat of my ex fiat 124 sport ( don't ask ) That seat always stood out. It was shiny, plush and made the rest of the Red Bullet look jaded.

No advice to use it in any way. But that seat always did look good afterwards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts