Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at a lot of the leather care threads but they are mostly about recommending products and cleaning, not restoration. I am buying a leather interior for my 147 GTA which is in mostly excellent condition except for the usual drivers right hand side bolster wear. I'd post a pic but I don't have it yet. On the edge of the bolster the surface of the leather has worn through leaving a suede finish which has also exposed the stitching.

Is there anything I can do to resurface the leather or protect the stitching so that it doesn't split open? Apart from duct tape of course :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It's difficult to say without seeing how bad the actual damage is. There are a few DIY products on market that could do this, but personally I'd stump up and get a pro to do the work.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's difficult to say without seeing how bad the actual damage is. There are a few DIY products on market that could do this, but personally I'd stump up and get a pro to do the work.
I've ordered the Gliptone scuff kit and will have a go with that, if I don't like the results will take your advice :biglaugh:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't done the scuffs yet but did a clean and condition with Duragloss shampoo and conditioner (on the GTA not my hair) :biglaugh: Here is a before and after:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That's impressive, leather does respond well to cleaning, even a mild soap and water:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts