Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 156 , i want to upgrade to leather interior but i have a problem my rear door cards are currently manual wind up windows, does that make a leather interior upgrade a problem as iirc leather went with electric windows?

·
0 Posts
You may have to 'customise' the door card for the handle to poke through or upgrade yer rear windows at the same time

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The switch gear fits into the same area as i currently have, but its the wind up windows that are the problem, i can't be arsed fitting new motors etc.

I'm not sure all this hassle is worth it for leather, i'm happy with my cloth interior but always liked the idea of leather. Though i'm not going to bodge my car to make it fit.:(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
0 Posts
If you are replacing the whole door card - with a set from a 'leccy rear windowed' car into your manual one you will need a hole for the winder - thought the pics made it clear :D - *disclaimer* I am prolly wrong :lol:

*edit* have changed the first pic to of of a rear door - DOH :eek:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was going to be the whole thing, but i'm not too happy with all the work involved. Seems to be a bit of a bodge really to do, i'm not after leccy windows to be fair.

·
0 Posts
I think the inserts can be swapped in that case, but I assume the whole door card will still have to be removed to do so :(

C

·
0 Posts
You can just remove the cloth/leather inserts and swap them over - pretty easy to do especially if you have a glue gun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts