Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys, car came back from the dealer today to have a few issues sorted and one of the issues was replacing my leather boot strap (used to shut the boot), since mine had ripped, so job done, open my boot and shock horror when I found they've replaced it with a cheap, fabric strap! Rang the dealer and they said the fabric one comes standard with every new Mito regardless of spec and they always have done from the beginning. They did a search for me, but my leather one doesn't exist and I've been told it was a mistake/one off/ special! So how many of you have a leather boot strap? This fabric one is utterly terrible and you have to fiddle with it before you can get your hand in to pull it down and it feels soooo cheap! Let me know, thanks. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just been out to look at the strap fitted to my Mito which is '59 plate 1.4 95bhp Lusso. Looks like leather maybe faux leather - hard to really see in torch light but it is certainly not fabric. Hope this is of help.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well now I don't feel like my cars so special, being the only Mito with a leather strap. Haha ;)
I appreciate you looking. Yeah that sounds like the same strap mine had. Is your strap still in good condition? Mine a 10 plate so not too far apart in age, so I think they've probably changed them to fabric now and maybe thats because there not very durable? Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think mine was leather, same car & age as yours. I would go out and check, but err... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
565 Posts
mines leather, i never really use it so mines all fine. i think you can buy them on ebay, iv'e
definitely seen leather ones around online

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. So what's this rubbish about they don't and never have existed? I've seen some online also, but there doesnt appear to be any on ebay currently. I might email ARUK tomorrow and see what they say. It's a small thing, but it just feels horrible compared to my leather one and although that ripped, it did last nearly 2 years which takes me into a new car hopefully. :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think mine was leather, same car & age as yours. I would go out and check, but err... :rolleyes:
Hmm where did they take your car to? I might go and steel the strap. Haha. ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a leather one on my '09 Mito but the next 2 ('10 & '60 plates) didnt. I preferred the leather one tbh. I think the cheap fabric one makes it harder to pull the lid down.
Yep it does make it harder and it makes me cringe at its cheapness. I think Alfa need to fit a proper handle when they facelift the Mito like normal cars. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
My 09 Mito 155 Veloce has a leather one. I also test drove a 2010 Clover, which also had the leather one. I've had a 2010 Diesel 120 Veloce for courtesy car, that also had a leather one. I've also had a 2010 95 16v Lusso for courtesy car, that also had a leather one.
However, I had a 2011 105 multiair lusso? (or whatever the new trim's called), that had a cheapy fabric one.
Seems all the new models have the fabric one.={ Shame.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I noticed in an Alfa showrom recently that they have replaced the leather strap with a fabirc one (which feels very uncomfortable compared to the leather one). Cost cutting!

It's the same with the new QV - They've taken away the chrome strips from around the windows, and put a cheap plastic mesh grille where there used to be moulded bodywork around the spot-lamps. Cost friggin' cutting!

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Mine is not leather and never has been :D .... Matt .... you've been spoilt lad..... now go and make some more ice cream :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
how long do you lot spend in the boot?! :p

to be honest i would only start getting annoyed if they cost cut on anything within reach of the driver, or anything mechanical

personally don't give two hoots if the boot strap is leather, nylon or a piece of bail twine

ok i exaggerate a bit but hey

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mines leather also but the misses panda 100hp had a horrid fabric strap. Hated it so got one off here: Abarth Interior | TMC Motorsport | Abarth Styling

Say there for the A500 but same fitment just held on by a allen key bolt and are better than the standard leather one's.
That's superb, thanks for posting this. That black leather with red stitching strap was made for me and matches everything in my car. :D
I think you have to take the whole panel off in the Mito to gain access to the strap. Was that the same with the 500?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its the lttle things that make a big difference
It certainly is and once you've experienced quality (although this strap was't) you don't want to downgrade to something cheap.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts