Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT BUY ALFA LEATHER. COMPLETE RIP OFF. CHEAP MATERIAL AND THEY DO NO COVER DAMAGE WHEN RIPS. I HAD SEAT DIGGING IN AND MADE A RIP AND THEY WILL NOT COVER THE DAMAGE. I RECOMMEND NOT BUYING LEATHER - I REGRET IT! £900 NOT JUSTIFIABLE.

Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Anyone else agree?
...Nope :lol:

I think the leather is great, best option followed by Bose (lazy mans speaker system I know).

How did the leather rip? Doesnt suprise me they dont cover it because any tom, dick n harry could come along, rip the leather and demand a new cover (or w.e)

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
There are certainly different grades of leather on cars. My previous car had quite a thin leather (as opposed to something like a Jag that has premium leather), but I must say that I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the leather on the MITO in the one I test-drove. Is looks lovely but the quality wasn't there.

B

·
0 Posts
Don't agree with you I'm afraid, I got the tan leather and it's l-o-v-e-l-y and seems fine quality wise, although I certainly didn't pay £900 for it...

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Anyone else agree?
No. Stop ranting and try to find out why it happened. Any good trimmer will be able to fix the damage for alot cheaper than you might think but you need to make sure it wont happen again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I HAD SEAT DIGGING IN AND MADE A RIP.
maybe you could be more descriptive and try and help other mito owners , to not do the same.

this is the fundamental point of this site , that passionate alfa owners try and help each other.

accidents do happen but as mentioned above you need to try and get it professionally repaired.

problem solved.

or even if you feel that you are totally in the right , then take the dealer or alfa UK to small claims court.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:eek: £900 for a bit of cow hide. You could buy a 166 for that !

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
and a couple of duff mitos///:cheese:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Every Alfa i have owned ive specced leather and wouldn't want it any other way, the leather has always been top notch and of better quality than any other car ive had the misfortune to sit in :)

My first 147 did develop a small tear towards the back of the seat base wear a bolt in the seat frame had rubbed on it this was replaced without any fuss FOC when it went i for its first service.

Post some pics so we can get a better idea of your problem.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I didn't have a choice in mine. If I didn't have that car, I wouldn't have bought at all due to increasing costs from 1st Jan.

Still, I do like my red leather, looks great!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts