Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
37,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't meant as a thread to slag off the Giulietta, as overall it is a great car.

But there are a few bits and pieces on any car which are not quite perfect.

What are your least favorite bits?

Here are a few of mine.

The painted metal bits around the doors that can be seen inside.

The flap of vinyl on top of the steering column which is all wrinkled and cheap looking.

The ride height is too high as standard.

I find the driving position a bit awkward. The lack of footrest doesn't bother me, but the fact I cannot get my left leg far enough over to the left makes my leg ache.

The Blue and Me I find very infuriating.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Steering wheel stolen from MiTo, rear mirrors stolen from 159, front central armrest stolen from GT.
Should be something more similar.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The painted metal bits around the doors that can be seen inside.

This is one of the things that bugs me on almost any new car, i'm glad the mito only has body colour that can be seen inside on the rear hatch, it makes me laugh that my first car (1978 vauxhall chevette bought in 1982) had painted metal inside the doors that everybody said made it look cheap and yet now the volkswagen up! has the same bare painted doors and the motoring press are calling it 'funky' :happy:

·
Registered
33,712 Posts
I agree with the interior paint on the doorframes but the door jamb surfacing is not too bad , especially compared to the Mito. The frameless door glass saves the Mito from this issue but the door trim top section on the smaller car loses any benefit by looking so raw.
This thread however is depressing me as there are some really nice bits which my original thread was intended to highlight. The Audis I had before the Alfa were very good at avoiding body colour on the interior but I prefer a car I enjoy driving even if the money has been spend elsewhere.

·
Registered
37,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't mean it as a depressing thread.

We all know that there is no such thing as a perfect car, but by sharing what we don't like maybe in some cases those bits can be improved?

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
No option of a 3 door;
undersized wheels for the most part - 17s don't look right, 16s downright silly.

·
Registered
37,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mind the 17's myself.

I think they are a good compromise, as tyres are cheap, they look reasonable and they are reasonably resistant to pot hole damage due to the side wall height.

One thing the Giulietta could have done with is a V6 engine option.

I

·
0 Posts
wheels look fraction smaller than I would like, and the crappy stereo, other than that love my 'G'
I have roof handles.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
If they ditched those 2 superfluous doors at the rear it would be a much better looker.....

:p
:thumbup: Absolutely. A missed opportunity of monumental proportions!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
If they ditched those 2 superfluous doors at the rear it would be a much better looker.....
Not for me. I need 5 doors. Wouldn't have one if it didn't. To me its the best looking 5 door hatch out there.

1 - 20 of 343 Posts