Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. We have a rainstorm yesterday and after checking the car I saw an paddle carpet on the passenger side. I checked every drain hole and they're clean. Can someone help me with any thoughts? I will be very thankful.

Have a great day.
20210407_130034.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you have a reason to check for wet carpets? If suspicious, it maybe a leak. If you can not solve it, its due to the air-conditioning having a blocked drain pipe. After A/C been in use there should be a small puddle under the engine. If drain pipe is blocked it will drain inside car. I can not find where drain pipe is, Garage sorted it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have a reason to check for wet carpets? If suspicious, it maybe a leak. If you can not solve it, its due to the air-conditioning having a blocked drain pipe. After A/C been in use there should be a small puddle under the engine. If drain pipe is blocked it will drain inside car. I can not find where drain pipe is, Garage sorted it though.
Thank you for your comment. I saw the paddle after a rainstorm and in the photo it shows that the water came from upside where the AC is. Car doesn't get water when AC is on. Only when it rains heavily.

Thank you and have a good day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would check the cabin air intake for leaf debris. If the drains are blocked then I believe water can find its way in through the pollen filter! (These may be the drain holes you have already checked, if so, sorry for not having added anything useful :) )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would check the cabin air intake for leaf debris. If the drains are blocked then I believe water can find its way in through the pollen filter! (These may be the drain holes you have already checked, if so, sorry for not having added anything useful :) )
I appreciate your time to comment. Maybe I should check the ac filter too. It doesn't make any damage to check. This rain water leaks are so annoying.

Thank you again 🙏🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chris,

Another Kris here. I had a similar issue as you have, if I were you, check the footwell behind the passengerseat as well. For me the water came from seals of the frontwindow which had gone and from the roofbar mountingpoints. Best thing to do is take the passengerseat out, remove the backseats and side trim next to the backseats and in the passenger footwell. Start spraying with a waterhose over the roof and windshield. Especially on the seams. When I did it, I saw streams of water coming in.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chris,

Another Kris here. I had a similar issue as you have, if I were you, check the footwell behind the passengerseat as well. For me the water came from seals of the frontwindow which had gone and from the roofbar mountingpoints. Best thing to do is take the passengerseat out, remove the backseats and side trim next to the backseats and in the passenger footwell. Start spraying with a waterhose over the roof and windshield. Especially on the seams. When I did it, I saw streams of water coming in.

Cheers
Hello Kris. I just checked the footwell behind passenger and it was wet too. You were right. Tomorrow I will do as you say and see if this is the problem. I never checked mounting points and hope this is the problem so I can fix.

Thank you for your message. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Kris. I just checked the footwell behind passenger and it was wet too. You were right. Tomorrow I will do as you say and see if this is the problem. I never checked mounting points and hope this is the problem so I can fix.

Thank you for your message. Appreciate it.
No problem at all! I just hope it's the windshield as thats the easiest to solve. Just get a new windshield, which should set you back about €300 to €400. If it's the mounting points on the roof, you'll have to take those black strips off, which is a nightmare as they are glued to the roof. Then you have to remove the glue, with a heatgun, and then you can put some new glue on there to mount them again. I used windowseal to close the gaps in the roof/mounting points btw. It stays elastic and you can paint it.

The carpet is gonna be soaked and the cloth underneath to insulate is gonna tear or fall away, so make sure you replace that. The carpet will take a few days to dry out btw. I used a small heater during the day inside a garage and made the carpet stay up using a beam/pole. There will be a lot of water underneath the sills, so make sure you dry that out with towels first and then use the heater for a few days, otherwise the water will make it rust there. Maybe a good oppurtunity to use some sound deadening on the floor though? I did that as well, and makes a world of difference.

Ow and before I forget, in the footwell, underneath the carpet, there is some padding. This is gonna be soaked as well, as it aborbes the water. Make sure you lift it up as good as possible, put something thick underneath it and make sure the heat is gonna get there so that dries properly as well.

If you need help, let me know. You can also DM. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem at all! I just hope it's the windshield as thats the easiest to solve. Just get a new windshield, which should set you back about €300 to €400. If it's the mounting points on the roof, you'll have to take those black strips off, which is a nightmare as they are glued to the roof. Then you have to remove the glue, with a heatgun, and then you can put some new glue on there to mount them again. I used windowseal to close the gaps in the roof/mounting points btw. It stays elastic and you can paint it.

The carpet is gonna be soaked and the cloth underneath to insulate is gonna tear or fall away, so make sure you replace that. The carpet will take a few days to dry out btw. I used a small heater during the day inside a garage and made the carpet stay up using a beam/pole. There will be a lot of water underneath the sills, so make sure you dry that out with towels first and then use the heater for a few days, otherwise the water will make it rust there. Maybe a good oppurtunity to use some sound deadening on the floor though? I did that as well, and makes a world of difference.

Ow and before I forget, in the footwell, underneath the carpet, there is some padding. This is gonna be soaked as well, as it aborbes the water. Make sure you lift it up as good as possible, put something thick underneath it and make sure the heat is gonna get there so that dries properly as well.

If you need help, let me know. You can also DM. Good luck
I really appreciate your message Kristian. It's very detailed and you informed me about anything. I hope for the windshield too. I will let you know for anything and start this process from tomorrow.

Thank you again and have a great evening.

🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@kristian85

PROBLEM SOLVED.

It was the windshield which cause the leak. It pours from upside and enter the cabin through weak points of isolation.

Thanks everyone who offers their help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts