Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filled up with diesel , just over three quarters full , got home , got out the car and i could smell diesel , nothing coming from the filler or the engine bay , so i got under the car and the rear sub frame was damp and smelled of diesel , so has the car got a leak or is there a breather at the top of the tank which splashes of diesel has reached with me driving home , i didn`t spill any , anyone else have a problem or is there a problem Alfa know about ?Cheers Guys

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just filled up with diesel , just over three quarters full , got home , got out the car and i could smell diesel , nothing coming from the filler or the engine bay , so i got under the car and the rear sub frame was damp and smelled of diesel , so has the car got a leak or is there a breather at the top of the tank which splashes of diesel has reached with me driving home , i didn`t spill any , anyone else have a problem or is there a problem Alfa know about ?Cheers Guys
Is this now sorted?

I'm intrigued to know the cause and outcome :rolleyes:

My Mito's been filled many times without any 'funnies'
apart from my cursing the fiddly filler cap :mad:

Chris

N

·
0 Posts
I over-filled the 159 last week and there was petrol everywhere.
Including over my shoes.

So glad I don't drive a DERV. :thumbs:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had it in today to the dealer , going in on the 28th for a new filler tube from the cap to the tank , then they will fill it up and check it , its also going in to get all the foam parts under the bonnet replaced as i noticed when filling the screen wash , they are all perishing , it looks as if 100 mice have moved through the engine bay and nibbled on all the foam parts , they have said its the vibration off the engine , still to be convinced !!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts