Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says I have a slight leak from the dipstick tube seal...the one that goes into the front of the block just above the sump. its not bad enough to leave oil on the ground...but the front of the sump is oily because of it.
The seal is directly behind the DPF...and it does not look like its possible to get at it without moving/removing the DPF. If that's the case its going to stay leaking for a while!!! But does anyone know if its possible to get to it without DPF removal or, better still, have you done the job yourself. Any help much appreciated.

EDIT...The good news is that the part is cheapish and readily available as it the same part as used on about a dozen other Alfas and Fiats...including the Stelvio! Part Number is 55206749 if anyone needs one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Removed dpf and changed seal a year ago.not really hard to do. You can check Vauxhall astra workshop manual 2.0l dpf replacement instructions online.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did mine.. was'nt too bad but annoying, i hate oil leaks.sump was wet. when you look it dont seem bad and the heat dries most of the oil and its only when you remove it you see the seal was perished. seal was €5 bout 1.5 hours. also did the filler cap leak. still have the vacuum to do. where can i get a gasket/seal for this?
EDIT.. yes you have to remove the dpf. but its not a big job. anyone know if between the dpf and the turbo should there be a gasket?? cause there was none on mine?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a gasket between turbo and dpf, and in my case it was stick to dpf, so looked like there isn't one. So vacuum pump leak is there too? I need to check this too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Any help much appreciated.
Part Number is 55206749 if anyone needs one.
Correct part above; additionally you'll need to shop for:
51823801 - Gasket DPF/exhaust manifold
51799495 - Gasket DPF/lower front exhaust pipe section

All 3 parts OEM for less than 18 euro ex VAT (Y2017).

I used a tiny smear of Loctite oil resistant liquid gasket, to warrant it won't leak anymore.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts