Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed my V6 wasn't running on all cylinders whilst driving earlier, so I stop and had a look on to discover that cylinder number 1's cable had come loose as the plastic end which plugs in by the fuel rail had broken.

I should be able to cable tie it to keep it together, but I'm needing a replacement. Is just the plastic end a thing that can be bought on its own or is the whole cable required?

Thanks for all recommendations :thumbup:

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
From what you describe, it sounds like the injector connector that has broken. If so the search on flea bay for "Junior Power Timer", these are readily available.

Reactions: Cleisthenes

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ah ha! Fantastic, thanks a lot both of you :thumbup:

Looks as thought I'm going to need a crimping tool and removal tool though? Turns a £4 repair into a £75 repair :(

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
These will be sufficient to crimp the JPT contacts - Crimp Pliers And these will be good enough to extract the terminal form the connector housing - Extraction Tools

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Thanks. And would I need a tool to remove the existing connector?
No, the connector does not need a tool to be removed from the injector. Just push the spring clip down and pull the connector.

EDIT - Watch this You tube video showing how to make the extraction tool - Extraction Tool Video

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Thanks, so would you say that the tool is not necessary as you can just push the clip and pull?
Yes, this is for removing the connector from the injector. You do need an extraction tool to remove the contact from the connector, once the connector is removed. Hope this makes sense?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, this is for removing the connector from the injector. You do need an extraction tool to remove the contact from the connector, once the connector is removed. Hope this makes sense?
I think I understand. By removing the connector from the injector do you simply mean unplugging the female socket from the male?

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
I think I understand. By removing the connector from the injector do you simply mean unplugging the female socket from the male?
Yep, you've got it! :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts