Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
update of my le spider so far 4 months old,hood failure new flap motors fitted,coolant leak snapped bleed valve on coolant hose car towed in by AA,i was told it would take 6 weeks to get one,tempoary repair carried out,passenger seat back frame snapped new seat back frame required,down to a 1 seater car.Sruggle to get in boot with remote key,hesitation when pulling away on light throttle do you think this is acceptable on a car that costs £25,000 .

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Thats not good mate and is not really acceptable on any new car.

The hood issue seems to be a common problem - the rest of it is just unfortunate.

I think as long as the dealer looks after you with a decent loaner etc etc - you need to give them the chance to repair the car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's absolutely not acceptable. The hood flap motors issue seems to be quite common although changing the motors seems to fix it for good (except in my case!). The hesitation issue is common to all the 2.2s it seems, and I must admit is annoying. Being told to wait 6 weeks for a coolant hose is incredibly poor. Dealer needs to have a decent chance to fix these issues for you, but if that doesn't work out it might be worth a call to ARUK customer services?

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Very very poor and you're not the first with hood issues on the LE. :(

With the other issues on top, its sounds very poor indeed.

Contact ARUK and get all this in writing to your dealer and ARUK.

What loan car do you have now or is your Spider back on the road awaiting spare parts :confused:

A

·
0 Posts
Very very poor and you're not the first with hood issues on the LE. :(

With the other issues on top, its sounds very poor indeed.

Contact ARUK and get all this in writing to your dealer and ARUK.

What loan car do you have now or is your Spider back on the road awaiting spare parts :confused:
love the new avatar hunter.
very gangsta. :D

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts