Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I replace the LCD display on my 156 - 2003 model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
The centre screen in the middle of the dash with the vents?

You need to remove that whole unit first, vents and all. There are two screws at the back of the unit near the windscreen. There are a couple of connecting plugs in the passenger footwell area near the centre console that need unplugging and the whole unit should pull out.

To refit, you will probably have to remove the stereo, and gauges as while it is easy to pull the cable and connector out, it is hard to put the cable and connector back down that very hole. Removing the gauges and stereo make re-routing the cable easier.

With the whole unit air vent unit removed you can then disassemble that to then remove the LCD unit. While I have done all of that, I have never removed the screen itself from the LCD unit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the info Mike! I’ll have a go next weekend and take photos to post back to the forum. Cheers from Adelaide down under

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well a couple of hours and have taken out the LCD. Now need to wait for a replacement one maybe from wreckers - see photos
1. Undo screws at centre vent console
2. Undo glove box so you can disconnect the power lead to the Info centre
3. Remove radio so you can feed the power lead up through console
4. Unscrew LCD from vent console
5. Unplug LCD display from power lead
6. Wait for replacement LCD display from wreckers or buy new LCD display online

·
Registered
482 Posts
If your car is a first facelift version then you need to make sure you get a screen from a final facelift version. A first facelifted version will probably suffer the same problems, unless if has been replaced from a later car already.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your car is a first facelift version then you need to make sure you get a screen from a final facelift version. A first facelifted version will probably suffer the same problems, unless if has been replaced from a later car already.
Thanks Mike good tip. The one I am looking at is from a 2005 model so should be from latest version?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks Mike good tip. The one I am looking at is from a 2005 model so should be from latest version?

I would think so. In some very rare cases some cars can be recorded as a later year than what they actually are.
The later cars had the slimmer vents, while the earlier had taller and more upright air vents for the centre of the dash. Despite the difference in height of the dash vents, the screen boxes inside are a straight swap.

If the seller states it is working fine, then it will be ok. If it was a bad unit it would have already failed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts