Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Depends what you mean replace.. when my went i upgraded ( ish) to the later model type with smaller screen showing..

but i have stripped the unit a few times to replace screens for other people.. depends how competent you are but its pretty simple. small screws removing the little unit insdie with the screen in. couple of clips and it comes apart.. care with ribbons but all in all quite east if you take you time

got one here is bits if you want a few photos

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends what you mean replace.. when my went i upgraded ( ish) to the later model type with smaller screen showing..

but i have stripped the unit a few times to replace screens for other people.. depends how competent you are but its pretty simple. small screws removing the little unit insdie with the screen in. couple of clips and it comes apart.. care with ribbons but all in all quite east if you take you time

got one here is bits if you want a few photos
pics would help a lot. Can all this be done without removing glovebox and centre console to gain access to the info centre? I also read you have to solder a resistor to the board in order to reduce the brightness of the display?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I will post some pictures tomorrow.. i usually receive them removed. when i did mine glovebox was out and iirc their is a connector there but i dont recall removing anything else and ive never added a resistor to any i,ve done maybe it would increase the life span but i guess one every ten years aint bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts