Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not brave enough to open the headlights up to insert halo rings so i need to work around this issue
I bought some halo rings 2x 100mm and 1x 110mm for each side and also bought the outer ring covers

then silicone them inside to make sure they are extra waterproof

then glue to front of headlight

wired them in and job done

I know its not as neat as some others but not bad for first attempt will tidy them up a bit more and sort the wires out but overall very happy, hope you like:byebye:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No didn't remove lights , I am waiting for a reply about the controller as I think it makes the halo flash as well rather than turning it off, just cant work out how to turn off light when indicators flashes , i am not very good with circuit boards ect

·
Registered
33 Posts
No didn't remove lights , I am waiting for a reply about the controller as I think it makes the halo flash as well rather than turning it off, just cant work out how to turn off light when indicators flashes , i am not very good with circuit boards ect
Ah yes you are correct, all three rings on that side would flash together when when signal, as roughly shown here.
https://youtu.be/1Q0zMuwXQBQ?t=533

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not bad mate, 8/10, I think the colour of the cob / led right being a light yellow just detracts the overall look imho, but when they are on they look great.

How do you have them wired up? Do you have them connected to the sidelights?

Also my bad, is the yellow bit the tape you used to stick the rings to the lamps?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not bad mate, 8/10, I think the colour of the cob / led right being a light yellow just detracts the overall look imho, but when they are on they look great.

How do you have them wired up? Do you have them connected to the sidelights?

Also my bad, is the yellow bit the tape you used to stick the rings to the lamps?
the yellow is the cob ring they all seem to be like that , wire them up so they come on when i start the car and go off when i turn it off

total cost £25.00 this was just an exercise to see what they looked like, i think they look ok but will live with them for now and see if they grow on me

·
Registered
787 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts