Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after 18 years, there has been a conviction.

What a shame for all involved that it has taken this long to achieve justice for the family.

I do fear an appeal though ?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
There is a Panorama special on BBC 1 tonight at 8pm, about this verdict, which should be VERY interesting.........

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Inept and lazy policing.
Loving the sig, SIF :)

Incidentally; did you know that after the after intial Lawrence trial where all 5 suspects were found not guilty, the Daily Mail :wow: Ran the following front page headline:

MURDERERS

Under which they published the photos and names of all five, and invited them to sue for libel if they didn't like it. None of them sued.

Hardly the actions of the lazy stereotype tabloid that some like to portray :)

Perhaps you could even go so far to call them vigilantes ? :lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I watched an old recording on the news tonight of one of the convicted wielding a knife and spouting what he'd like to do to those of different race/colour. I despair when when i see how many people (of all backgrounds) feel that its ok to hate and threaten others just because they can. I hope the miserable £eck£rs live long and miserable lives in jail and eventually learn some values.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I hope the miserable £eck£rs live long and miserable lives in jail and eventually learn some values.
That'll cost the UK a fortune & they'll get a lovely room with all the mod cons:tut:

I hope they get repeatedly bum ****ed by some Yardie then slowly cut up:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
That'll cost the UK a fortune & they'll get a lovely room with all the mod cons:tut:

I hope they get repeatedly bum ****ed by some Yardie then slowly cut up:thumbs:

:lol: Your posts are far better now you're not staff :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
To be sentenced as juveniles?

Dominic Casciani - BBC Home affairs correspondent:

"No matter what some people may want to see happen to Gary Dobson and David Norris, sentencing rules don't allow Mr Justice Treacy to lock them up and throw away the key. The men will be sentenced to be held during "Her Majesty's Pleasure", the form of life sentence for juvenile offenders because they were under 18 at the time of the attack.

The question is the minimum number of years they will serve before they can be considered for parole on life licence. Their age at the time of the crime means they cannot face a whole life tariff.

They also cannot be sentenced under modern guidelines for racially-aggravated murders, which have a starting point of 30 years.

Most importantly, Mr Justice Treacy will have to think like the Home Secretary would have done in 1993 because back then the politician, not the judge, fixed the minimum term for under-18s convicted of murder."

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
To be sentenced as juveniles?

Dominic Casciani - BBC Home affairs correspondent:

"No matter what some people may want to see happen to Gary Dobson and David Norris, sentencing rules don't allow Mr Justice Treacy to lock them up and throw away the key. The men will be sentenced to be held during "Her Majesty's Pleasure", the form of life sentence for juvenile offenders because they were under 18 at the time of the attack.

The question is the minimum number of years they will serve before they can be considered for parole on life licence. Their age at the time of the crime means they cannot face a whole life tariff.

They also cannot be sentenced under modern guidelines for racially-aggravated murders, which have a starting point of 30 years.

Most importantly, Mr Justice Treacy will have to think like the Home Secretary would have done in 1993 because back then the politician, not the judge, fixed the minimum term for under-18s convicted of murder."
I hope they also make sure they're not allowed access to anything cultural or technological that's post 1993.

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
I'm no big city lawyer.........................

...........but:

- perjury?
- aiding and abetting?
- perverting the course of justice?
- harbouring a criminal?

Could they be prosecuted for other crimes? £30m this has cost the tax payer!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:( I doubt we'll ever know who held the knife ?

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Let's hope the other three or four people involved also get nailed. failing that, their lives are made hello by press and public at large, goodness knows they deserve it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The courts in this country really are useless. Sentenced as juveniles even though they have effectively spent years on the run. The sentence should go up as a result of this, not down. Let's just hope the case is watertight and they don't manage a successful appeal. Hang 'em high.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts