Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't help with aftermarket launch control wizardry but I know they do exist.
What I can help with is giving you some tips on getting the fastest launch possible out of a 2.0 FWD TS.
  • Drop tyre pressure down to around 12PSI.
  • Rubber blocks set in the rear coil springs will prevent them from compressing and keep the power down over the front wheels.
  • a nice burnout to warm up the tyres :)
  • Once staged.
  • Hold the handbrake on with your thumb on the button.
  • Bring the revs up high enough that it will not bog down on take off but not to high that it will spin the tires, this will take many tests to get right and will depend on road surface. a two step rev limiter is useful here but practise will make perfect.
  • Gently release the clutch until just before the biting point.
  • To launch, drop the handbrake and ease off the clutch smooth and fast, don't just drop it, lots of practise.
  • first gear change will come up quick so be ready. practise flat shifting without letting off the accelerator, especially useful on turbo cars.
These techniques can give you fast 60ft times on and off the track, remember no wheel spin at all.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for tips guys, but i dont wanna take the car to a race track.
This engine is stock, on a 402m a lot of cars are above me (still stock and same 2 litres naturally aspirated)

I want to make this mod only for that "popcorn" sound.
My goal is to make this on OEM ecu.
I've seen this on naturally aspirated engine but it was a Honda.
So i want to do it on my Alfa but i don't find a guy good enough at ecu tune to edit my map for " pop pop pow pop"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts