Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a short (7min) drive, i stopped at the garage, went to restart my new best friend, hmmmm, refuses to go from N to 1st, try again, into first then straight to N, this happened 3 times on the third go, i could hear it try to repeatedly engage 1st on its own!
turned the car off for 5 mins, restart, all good, spinning round the devon lanes like we had never had a fight!!!
any clues?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I take it your on about a sellespeed. If you are. Check your selle fluid. If that is cool. Go and gel it caliberated and the clutch adjusted. And your problem will be solved. Sounds like you have neglected the selle service. I hear people moanind about selle probs all the time but if you do the above once a year 9 times out of ten your selle will out last your engine. This is not part of a normal service so tends to never get done untill it is too late. You should expect to pay around 50 quid to get it done. That is unless you have a manual and im completely wrong and i have no idea what you are on about. If you do have a selle i hope a simple service sorts it out for you. Also if your maf is dodgy it will play merry hell with your gearbox. So worth a check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks crespo
the car is only 2 weeks old (to me) its a 2001 sele, and your right, i think the last owner didnt quite 'get it', been in touch with smaky to do the cam belt, hopfully he can give a few pointers on alfa tlc.
cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts