Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I left the local dealers having booked the Stelvio in to get the alarm sensitivity reduced a Giulietta caught my eye. It was a silver one with the latest yellow insert on the front bumper lower grille. It still looked good at Geneva this year. The Mito was missing for the first time but there were two Giuliettas on the stand.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I saw a matte grey one with the yellow bumper insert at WLMG in reading last week. It looked good (apart from the fresh bird poop on the bonnet!!)

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
They might look good but what engine/gearbox is available? Last time I looked at the configurator the choice was very limited

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The one I saw was a 2itre 168bhp diesel, can't recall if it was a TCT I was distracted by a red Stelvio QF!

Scroll down for the details and a pic of a green one
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/alfa-romeo/106125/alfa-romeo-stelvio-ti-and-2019-giulietta-make-geneva-debuts
I don't like the green G! Now the Quadrifoglio Guilia and Stelvios look really good, you might need to change your name to Gabriel Tarquini to drive one on the road!! Proper touring car livery!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't like the green G, sorry! But that Black G with the yellow insert is a thing of absolute beauty! I notice that the coloured badge steering wheel has returned. Personally I prefer the non-colour badge. And I see a footrest in the photos...is that just on the Euro models?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Briefly saw a black one with yellow trim at a dealers, didn't stop to look at it. Good deals on the sport at the moment but the engine range seems poor, not madly keen on the yellow bit either.
:)

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't like the green G, sorry! But that Black G with the yellow insert is a thing of absolute beauty! I notice that the coloured badge steering wheel has returned. Personally I prefer the non-colour badge. And I see a footrest in the photos...is that just on the Euro models?
The HVAC is offset to the right so there’s space for a footrest in the LHD cars.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When’s the actually new Giulietta coming out? Must be soon, this one is getting pretty long in the tooth...

Back to RWD maybe?

FCA is going to be in trouble in the long term though with no EV or even hybrids in the works... The guilia platform based Giulietta I’m sure with be fun, but could be the last one ever.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bloody pleased with my Stelvio!
It’s way better than the Giuliettas I had before.
And there’s a profit margin which makes it viable to keep Alfa going.

·
Registered
35,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It certainly grows on you. I still get “that feeling” when I see a Giulietta. It wasn’t done in hurry, not the exterior anyway...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts