Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this is the best time of the year.... just been for a walk through the most beautiful countryside in the world (English countryside)....

Fresh green leaves.... young crops in the fields.... and Bluebells in the woods... :cool:

[and I don't really mean that only England is beautiful..... I just love our world.... some of us are very lucky]

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Hi GJ very nice mate, not long been back from doing the same :)
Now was that sherrards woods or whippendale woods? (not sure I have spelt that correctly :lol:)

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was Langley Wood near Sandridge, Hertfordshire..... The surrounding farmland has been bought by the Woodland Trust and they are going to expand the wood :cool:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Oh I think I know where you mean, I didn't realise there were so many bluebells there!
Looks nice :thumbs:

Is it near nomans land and the wicked lady?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Very close to to them.... drive from the Wicked Lady into Sandridge and then walk up the lane, on the right, nearly opposite the church (where I was married to Senior Management :eek:) and it's only half a mile on the left...
...and I am lost :lol:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I do know it! Nice area that :)
Now if you turned left on the road after the church and before the pub, then followed the road up into the lane you would pass a very well guarded place (sign posted PSDB I think) any ideas what that is? I have always wondered!!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Dads final resting place was Sandridge when he retired from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Winches Farm Field Station, in about sixty nine.:):

1 - 20 of 41 Posts