Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: :rant:

Its quarter to 9 pm and I've just had a credit company ringing asking for money. Damn cheek!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Its late at night or 7.30am.! :mad:

Ok I'm done. :D

·
Registered
44,685 Posts
:mad:5 phone calls today, 4 of them these pre recorded 'we can save you money on your credit card' calls.:mad:hate it:mad::mad::mad::rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::mad::rant::rant::rant:

·
Super Moderator
60,034 Posts
I don't answer calls if I don't recognise the number. I google the number though to see what it was about. Can you get call display Snowy?

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also get the silent ones. No-one speaking. Even though I asked BT not to let them through :mad::rant::mad::rant:

If you're going to ring me, have the decency to speak. Bloody call centres :mad:

(I'll save BT for another day, that could take a few pages)

J

·
0 Posts
get yourself registered with Telephone preference service, i believe it takes about a month to kick in but after that if they call they are in effect breaking the law.

Collections calls are allowed, by law between 8am and 9pm, sundays the hours are slightly different, but not a lot, the only days they are not allowed to call are religious holidays.

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Also make sure that when you fill in any form (paper or on the web) that you tick any
relevant box regarding sending you future info on products and the like. Make sure you
read their question properly because sometimes it's a yes and sometimes it's a no.

If you have agreed anywhere to one of these questions then they may not be breaking
the law even if you are registered with TPS :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Also make sure that when you fill in any form (paper or on the web) that you tick any
relevant box regarding sending you future info on products and the like. Make sure you
read their question properly because sometimes it's a yes and sometimes it's a no.

If you have agreed anywhere to one of these questions then they may not be breaking
the law even if you are registered with TPS :eek:
good point Gibbo :thumbs:

I really hate those tickboxes, especially where you get two of them, you can bet the first box will be a simple yes/no. The second box will be a double negative and will generally trick you into ticking it so they are then able to contact you....

now that i really hate :mad:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good point Gibbo :thumbs:

I really hate those tickboxes, especially where you get two of them, you can bet the first box will be a simple yes/no. The second box will be a double negative and will generally trick you into ticking it so they are then able to contact you....

now that i really hate :mad:

They are the ones i read carefully!
I even have a separate email address for junk

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
get yourself registered with Telephone preference service, i believe it takes about a month to kick in but after that if they call they are in effect breaking the law.

Collections calls are allowed, by law between 8am and 9pm, sundays the hours are slightly different, but not a lot, the only days they are not allowed to call are religious holidays.
Will do :thumbs:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
It's very sneaky :tut:

I have had two phone calls from Barclays Bank (or so they say) this week on
consecutive days. On both occasions the first question they asked me is for
my date of birth. The first time I simply said no and they ennded the conversation.
The second time I asked them why they wanted to know. Because it's part of the
data protection act was the response. I asked if they could let me know why they
were calling me. No, not without my date of birth. But, said I, you are ringing me
and yet you are putting an obstacle in the way of you being able to talk to me.
This went on for a while, I was bored you see :lol:. In the end they went away,
quite clearly not understanding why I was not prepared to give them my date of
birth. Errr data protection m'dear, I was protecting my data. I don't need Barclays
Bank to do that for me :lol: The lady could not understand why I would not accept
that she really was from Barclays and yet she would not accept that I was the
Bank of England :eek:. Why should I believe her :confused:

Scam :confused:, I reckon :lol:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's very sneaky :tut:

I have had two phone calls from Barclays Bank (or so they say) this week on
consecutive days. On both occasions the first question they asked me is for
my date of birth. The first time I simply said no and they ennded the conversation.
The second time I asked them why they wanted to know. Because it's part of the
data protection act was the response. I asked if they could let me know why they
were calling me. No, not without my date of birth. But, said I, you are ringing me
and yet you are putting an obstacle in the way of you being able to talk to me.
This went on for a while, I was bored you see :lol:. In the end they went away,
quite clearly not understanding why I was not prepared to give them my date of
birth. Errr data protection m'dear, I was protecting my data. I don't need Barclays
Bank to do that for me :lol: The lady could not understand why I would not accept
that she really was from Barclays and yet she would not accept that I was the
Bank of England :eek:. Why should I believe her :confused:

Scam :confused:, I reckon :lol:
We had some similar to those, asking to say your address and account number, I don't think so. I said 'you're the bank aren't you? surely you should know these things yourself' and hung up.

Very dodgy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts