Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I remember the feeling .....................goes from total excitement to blind panic and worry in latter stages of it being ready, worrying that you hope its the perfect job that you have imagined it would be in your head when you decided to get it sprayed.

sure you done all your homework and picked a body shop you trust will look forward to the "after" pics will look amazing i am sure

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember the feeling .....................goes from total excitement to blind panic and worry in latter stages of it being ready, worrying that you hope its the perfect job that you have imagined it would be in your head when you decided to get it sprayed.

sure you done all your homework and picked a body shop you trust will look forward to the "after" pics will look amazing i am sure
I know he'll do a fantastic job as I've used him a few times in the past.
He used to do some fabulous custom airbrush work back in the day.
Just need to decide if I'm going to go with a pearl metallic or standard finish.
I saw a fantastic newer spider with the finish at the Italian passion for speed show in Cardiff last month and thought that it would look fantastic on the 916 but it was a 2K option as I understand it so paint won't be cheap.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be well worth it. Had mine done 3 months ago to remove stone chips and car park dings. Probably better than when it left the factory now.
Post some pics when you get it back.
That looks fantastic, I will post some up when I get it back for sure :yum:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know he'll do a fantastic job as I've used him a few times in the past.
He used to do some fabulous custom airbrush work back in the day.
Just need to decide if I'm going to go with a pearl metallic or standard finish.
I saw a fantastic newer spider with the finish at the Italian passion for speed show in Cardiff last month and thought that it would look fantastic on the 916 but it was a 2K option as I understand it so paint won't be cheap.
Hi can you let me know who your painter is?
Im over in Fishguard and my V6 spider needs a full respray.
Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi can you let me know who your painter is?
Im over in Fishguard and my V6 spider needs a full respray.
Thanks
He is Ray Parker, used to work for Green Bower BMW when they had the bodyshop there.
He's now working in Honeyborough Neyland. Come and have a look at mine when it's done if you like.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I colour code the mirrors or leave black?
Sill covers and bumpers are being colour coded but screen surround is staying black.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats the cost of a full respray over in the UK?
Probably not much change out of 4k for this job. But it's a car I've become attached to so I intend to keep it.
I had initially budgeted around the 2k mark but this is being done properly with everything stripped so it's a lot of work.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Probably not much change out of 4k for this job. But it's a car I've become attached to so I intend to keep it.
I had initially budgeted around the 2k mark but this is being done properly with everything stripped so it's a lot of work.

Aha, around the same as here in Norway then.
Been wondering if i should send my 916 to Poland during the winter for a full overhaul, its got quite abit of rust and bad paint :disappointed:

The price would end up atleast 3-4 times the cars value, but ... As u wrote, we get attached to these damn things.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Difficult to tell, but did you stay with Rosso 130 or go with 167/A Rosso Miro Pearl?

I quite fancy changing my car to the pearl.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Difficult to tell, but did you stay with Rosso 130 or go with 167/A Rosso Miro Pearl?

I quite fancy changing my car to the pearl.
It's actually a vauxhall colour..
Something like crystal red I think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts