Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Officially the last ones were 'Y' reg (March 2001) although there may have been some late registrations kicking around that were left sitting around unregistered in show rooms and which were subsequently registered with a later plate than a 'Y'.

101 'Y' reg 146's were actually sold in the UK.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I can tell you that mine was the 5th last to be built and as it was to order (3 weeks from order to collection) and is an X reg that any Y's are late registered models.
Official figures show that 7 1.6TS, 4 1.8TS and 90 TI's were sold in 2001 so maybe these were all sold in the first 3 months before the 'Y' registrations actually came out. It's seems quite a lot of these type of cars to be sold in three months but I guess anything is possible.

Out of interest, what month/year was your car manufactured, and what month/year is on your V5?

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Built June 2000, registered July 14 2000, I know this was the 5th last as I went to the factory to collect it and spoke with a friend of mine there who was on the same course with me during my apprenticeship, he showed me the last 10 cars to roll off the line and the very last RHD 2.0ti which was given to the ARUK head honcho and the last LHD 2.0ti which was presented to the head of the design team. Also Whilst there I was given a test drive in the brand new unreleased 147 3.0 test car which they were using to see if the 3.2 engine would work in, a very intersting drive with the pap hanging through the fence trying to snap it as we whizzed past.

D

·
0 Posts
My was regged in November over here not sure when it was built to be honest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts