Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work from home as an engineer & mostly I email folk my designs - suits me Sir :thumbs:, but occasionally I have to plot and post them too - not a problem, but, although 'normal' first class stamps are available behind most counters these days, large first class ones can only be found at post offices - they changed the rules on the size of envelopes & I need to send A4 size, not a problem I thought, surely the 'normal' counter (sweets, crisps, newspaper etc) within the post office would have them - OH NO! - I queued for 40 minutes to get my large stamps, waiting for a coupla folk who had brought sackfulls - literally - of stuff to post FFS :mad: :rant: :mad: <-- (can I post that acronym these days? :lol:)

Just thought I would get that off my chest - fankoo :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
surely regular size first class stamps would also work :confused:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nope - I had stuff sent back a while ago as I used standard 1st class stamps to post A4 sized envelopes :mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Nope - I had stuff sent back a while ago as I used standard 1st class stamps to post A4 sized envelopes :mad:

Why because posty couldn't see the small one :confused: ... I've sent small envelopes with large stamps before and they didn't get returned ... also did you know you can buy stamps online ...???

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See the pic - there are 'specific' large stamps for A4 envelopes on the left & normal ones on the right - can't use normal ones for A4 envelopes, which I don't mind - such is life, my rant is that the large ones aren't freely available like the normal ones & I was stood in a queue with smelly old folk for 40 minutes to get them :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
See the pic - there are 'specific' large stamps for A4 envelopes on the left & normal ones on the right - can't use normal ones for A4 envelopes, which I don't mind - such is life, my rant is that the large ones aren't freely available like the normal ones & I was stood in a queue with smelly old folk for 40 minutes to get them :lol:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/shop?catId=9300091&pageType=Others&pageId=shp_prddetails&product=prod46530098&parentCategoryId=cat45940009&categoryId=cat45940031

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
The Large stamps are for Large letters (stay with me here), the post office charge according to the size of the letter/parcel. A normal letter (max 240 x 165 mm & 5mm thick max 100g) posted 1st class cost 39p if the letter is thicken than 5mm or larger than above it cost 61p (up to 353 x 250 mm 25mm thick max 750g) anything over that is a parcel and cost even more.

Hope that makes sense.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are they the same price/face value?

What a ridiculous, jobsworth, only-in-the-UK piece
of nitpicking. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Are they the same price/face value?

What a ridiculous, jobsworth, only-in-the-UK piece
of nitpicking. :rolleyes:
not any more ... forgot about the different pricing stucture they've got for different sizes ... although as this is (relatively) important work why don't you send it recorded? they do that at all post offices :p

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't mind the pricing structure, could order online, but don't send that often

My point RANT is that these are not readily available over normal counters as are the usual first class stamps, I actually had to queue at the post office to obtain them - walked out of the place muttering summat like 'f e c k ing joke this! :cheese:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I apologise for not understanding your rant properly ... but surely when you walked into the post office and saw they queue you must have thought "sod this for a game of soldiers ... I'll come back another time" ... (and then let mrs 156 do it :lol:)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been having trouble with plotter for a coupla days - finally fixed - made a special journey to post drawings that were already late, nearest post office shut forra coupla weeks, so went to next nearest, was three from the front when I queued (had no idea both counters would be occupied by folk with sackfulls of stuff) - I spent my time fighting the red mist as were the folk around me & I like the smell of old folk :cheese:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts